Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Residence Permit Processing Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mysterytrain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: Residence Permit Processing Time Reply with quote

Just looking for opinions / knowledge based on experience here.

My work permit application was processed on the last possible day after arrival in China with Z visa (arrived 27 September, application processed 26 October).

Today is 1st November so it will be a week tomorrow. I'm not expecting to have already received my passport back with the RP sticker, but based on my own prior experience I think I should expect it at least within another week or so.

What is the "normal" time frame for this?

Another teacher in my school who arrived about ten days before me still hasn't got his passport back . I asked the office manager the day my work permit application was processed when I could expect to get the passport back and she said she didn't know but would inquire with the owner and get back to me ..

My particular concern in this is that my wife is in her home country waiting for the scan of my RP (and foreign expert license?) which she needs to apply for the S1 visa, so obviously I want it back asap.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.
Kierana

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does vary depending on where you are, but in my experience (about 8 years now) is that it is usually between 1 and 3 weeks.

I've also experienced that public schools usually get a fast turn around.
getbehindthemule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kierana wrote:
It does vary depending on where you are, but in my experience (about 8 years now) is that it is usually between 1 and 3 weeks.

I've also experienced that public schools usually get a fast turn around.

Agree, 10 days to 3 weeks in my experiences
The bear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My employer warned me it could be a month due to new regulations and procedures. The actual time was 18 days. This was when I already had the work permit.
MESL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I varies widely from province to province and from city to city. Time of year probably has a lot to do with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: