Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Degree Authentication (UK National)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul02

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Degree Authentication (UK National) Reply with quote

Hey, everyone, I'm wondering if any of you are from the UK and done this Degree Authentication using the new process apparently, there isn't a need for you to go home anymore but an agent, your job,
or even yourself (if you can read Chinese) submit an application here: http://www.cscse.edu.cn/publish/portal0/

Now my question is has any of you used it? what is the process and is it legit? my new school in Guangzhou which I shall be moving to in July from my current job which is in the North of China has just done it all for me.
Though I have questions they are unable to properly answer and I'm worried using the original degree etc as in China I have been cheated before so I am just sceptical.

The only thing I heard about this site is that people have used it with mixed opinions, even some submitting fake degrees and they go through with no questions asked. Some said also that it doesn't recognise some international schools.

So anyone used this place/method of getting your degree authenticated? and is it true even using fakes are just ignored (makes me think was my real degree even worth working for haha)
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is for Chinese nationals returning home with foreign degrees. The actual link to the process is this one:

http://www.cscse.edu.cn/publish/portal0/tab82/default.htm

It is a government Bureau of Education site, so it is most likely legit. I am just wondering if their authentication is the same as that from the consulate.
Soul02

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimadecaomei wrote:
The site is for Chinese nationals returning home with foreign degrees. The actual link to the process is this one:

http://www.cscse.edu.cn/publish/portal0/tab82/default.htm

It is a government Bureau of Education site, so it is most likely legit. I am just wondering if their authentication is the same as that from the consulate.

It's not only for students now mate, my Uni just used it yesterday to apply for my degree authentication which cost 385rmb (15rmb for P&P)

Has anyone personally used it? how is it for what it should be doing, reading around I have heard that it isn't 100% successful especially for many unrecognized international schools.
Elicit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked fine for me. 3 weeks and the certificate was in hand.
Soul02

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elicit wrote:
Worked fine for me. 3 weeks and the certificate was in hand.

And how did it go? they just looked at it and stamped it or did they actually do it the way it should be done? other things that worry me is if they don't do it properly then I need to do it again, ALSO was it a lifetime certificate or what?
Elicit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, different from the embassy route and no Chinese sticker or anything like that.

Complete online application first, print consent form and nominate your nearest application office. Take original degree and transcripts plus all listed documents on the site including consent form and submit to nominated office. They view the original diploma and transcripts and you take them home with you. They take the photocopies.

Wait around three weeks and they will express the certificate to your address. The PSB or FEC people keep the original authentification document but I was sent 2 so still have one to use at a later date. They must know Chinese employers well 😂
Soul02

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elicit wrote:
Nope, different from the embassy route and no Chinese sticker or anything like that.

Complete online application first, print consent form and nominate your nearest application office. Take original degree and transcripts plus all listed documents on the site including consent form and submit to nominated office. They view the original diploma and transcripts and you take them home with you. They take the photocopies.

Wait around three weeks and they will express the certificate to your address. The PSB or FEC people keep the original authentification document but I was sent 2 so still have one to use at a later date. They must know Chinese employers well 😂

Well I only signed the declaration, sent off scans of my degree, passport, visa, expert certificate card, and paid the money and that was it.

I am only wondering if they actually check everything and do it the way it should be done, or later down the line I am going to have to do it again or have problems?
Elicit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I understand what you’re getting at. The right way is determined by the employer and authorities in the province you’re heading to. If it’s good for them it has to be good for you.

Any reasonable employer will reimburse the cost on receipt of a Fapiao. And in any case it sure beats the alternatives of traveling back to home country or employing an agent.
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point is that the authentication, or whatever it is, is not the same a the consulate authentication. That means, the employer and local authorities might accept it now, but it might not be acceptable in the future. As I understand it, based on the law it needs to be authenticated by the home country and the Chinese consulate. I think that is what the OP means.

It might also be tricky when switching jobs, other places might not accept the backdoor route of authentication. However, in the end who knows. Tomorrow they might decide this method is the new official and only method to do it. Then all of us who did it through home country and consulate would have to start afresh.
Soul02

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that was my point @nimadecaomei thanks Smile

Anyways I'm hoping this turns out to be good like I said previously I have been cheated before in China and I don't wanna go down that route again, especially when it seems the police and everyone else doesn't give a crap about us foreigners.

Thanks guys.
doogsville

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to bump this up and ask if anyone has used this service recently? I'm currently looking to have my degree authenticate and translated, and I would very much like to avoid the hassle and expense of sending it back to the UK to have it done.
teenoso

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this last year , and I needed someone to help me with the online bit .

The only thing I would say is that although my current school accepted the authenticated certificate, the FAO suggested I do it again in the UK when I next go back, because the provincial education office 'downgraded' the priority of my z visa application - she didn't know why but thought it might have been because my degree was authenticated in China.
As it turned out the downgrade had no impact (as far as I know) and everything went through ok, but it maybe shows that a Uk degree authenticated in the Uk carries more weight.....

hope this makes sense.....
happeningthang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this recently for a teacher in our school.

As long as your university is recognised by the website all should be fine.

A much easier process than authentication - and cheaper. It's all done online - just fill it all out and pay the fee. They then authenticate and send out a document.

It's not the same as authentication done by the embassies - but the Foreign Experts Bureau accept it as proof in the same way - and that's all that matters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: