Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is $50,000 including all benefits OK to live well in Russia?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jooooooey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject: What do you need to teach in a good school in Russia? Reply with quote

I know this is an old post, but just out of curiosity, how does one go about getting jobs at an international schools in Russia? I'm a certificated English teacher in the US, and other than giving private classes, was wondering what my choices are for teaching in Russia, or if I need to be in the country to find jobs.
maruss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Wortwhile jobs in Russia? Reply with quote

If you have the qualifications and experience-and are lucky enough to be chosen by on of the handful of international schools in Moscow area who pay top salaries and benefits then it might be worth going to Russia?Examine your motives carefully though-why do you want to go there, especially with the economic and political climate as it is at present?
Of course there are often a number of other private institutes recruiting for staff and maybe you should ask yourself why they are constantly advertising?
Generally speaking, the pay and conditions are basic and it will be no holiday working and living there under those conditions-unless you just want to gain a few months experience of life in Russia or maybe learn the language in situ. or have some other special interest in the place then I wouldn't recommend it, especially as you will need time and financial outlay just to get there and start-off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: