Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short term opportunities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
claka77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject: Short term opportunities Reply with quote

I’m a 40 something experienced teacher from Australia who’s interested in studying Spanish in South or Central America. I was just wondering what short term teaching opportunities are available? Or if I want to study Spanish if it’s worth even teaching (and just saving enough money, I’ve also considered doing intensive studies over a month or two)? I was thinking 3-6 months at most (I was looking into Colombia’s English in schools program and was wondering if another country had something similar). Peru, Chile, Costa Rica and Argentina were a few other places I have been considering as well.
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't be able to work in Ecuador because it wouldn't be realistic to get a visa for such a short period. However, if you are looking for intensive English classes, you should consider PUCE
https://www.puce.edu.ec/coordinacion-de-espanol-para-extranjeros.php

Their intensive classes have an excellent reputation, but they are VERY intensive. Typically it's an 8 week course, with 3 hours of classes and at least 3 hours of self-study per day.
CTravel32

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most worthwhile places will want a teacher to make at least a one year commitment and in many cases two years. You'd be better off focusing on saving so you can do an intensive study of the language and maybe doing some online teaching in your free time to Chinese kids part time. Trust me, I worked at international schools for three years in Colombia and it is a tough job. I was often too tired to really focus on language studies after a long day 7am-3pm, 4:30pm on days with meetings).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: