Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z Visas and Residence Permits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to six weeks is a good estimate. That is if your highest degree is authenticated already.
Emdii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshbhoy wrote:
Hi how long on average does it take the employer to get the Foreign expert certificate and letter of invitation? I just submitted all my documentation and medical form and the employer advised the school will start the process of applying for my work permit and visa and it could take 8-10 weeks. This seems exceptionally long, is this a standard timescale?

I've just finished an interview with a Chinese school and was told that after submitting the documents, it would take about 3 months. Also, the fact that I am not in my passport country *might* be a problem or it might not.

Emdii
wujane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been asked to pay for residence permit and refused as no previous school has asked me.

I refused and they said they will pay. Fapaio?

The HR is in Beijing. I'm in another province. . I refused and said every other school has done this for me . 3 in total.

What's the story here guys?
New rules?
Someone in the school trying to make some cash
Or something more innocent?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks
svenhassel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: embassy authenticated police check Reply with quote

Finally got all the documents ready to submit to a school for the rapidly approaching z visa deadline. Today I received an email telling me I now need to get the police check authenticated by the Chinese embassy. Anyone else suffering like this?

Also, regarding the last job end contract release.... has anyone just sent the contract with dates and had problems with this? pretty sure I cannot get a letter as they are asking of me..
huoguojiggae2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
has anyone just sent the contract with dates and had problems with this?

Communication is scarce. If we are aware of this 4 months later, 1-3 weeks before the new semester starts, who is communicating the guidelines?

If you haven't left your home country by now, GET FINGERPRINTS NOW!!! It is so much easier than trying to sort it out here.

You will also need a TEFL, which in theory you could get here, but if you want it authenticated or you can't get to a training session in your location in China, you will have to do it online. These usually require authentication. Look into it NOW, not later.

Finally, get your diploma also authenticated through the Chinese consulate.

I am surprised there isn't a sticky specifically for these three things.
aliasrachel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused my the degree authentication. Do I get it notarized and then sent it to the Chinese Embassy? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have not been given direction.
svenhassel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, get it notarized then take it to the embassy. Make it an embassy where you have resident papers or hold a passport. Some embassies were taking fingerprints last year so for these you need to appear in person.

Another option, if they are not doing the fingerprint thing is to have an embassy service deliver and collect your documents for you
aliasrachel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Sven! Do I have to bring the degree in person? Or can I express mail to the Consulate that services my area of the US?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aliasrachel wrote:
Do I have to bring the degree in person? Or can I express mail to the Consulate that services my area of the US?

This topic has been discussed numerous times. Scroll through the forum for related discussion threads over the past year.
Pan Fu Xu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Have Z visa, want to visit Vietnam first Reply with quote

I'm a US citizen with a Z visa that allows me entry on February 5, 2019. I want to take a vacation in Vietnam before coming to China. Can I enter China from Vietnam, or will I need any medical checks?
voyagerksa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to have a medical after you arrive in China. I think it's in order to get a residence permit, but you will have to have one. They cost about $50 US. Your excursion into Vietnam is not going to pose any problems entering China on your Z visa.
miniuser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a work permit letter, and upon receiving it there was an error in verification of the digital signature by Adobe. Error message pop-up saying:

"Signature contains incorrect, unrecognized, corrupted, or suspicious data."

And there's a big red X over the HR bureau's stamp/seal in the PDF because of this.

Anyone had this issue before?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: