Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jobs involving only IELTS and Academic Writing online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Online Teaching Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyRoofman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: jobs involving only IELTS and Academic Writing online Reply with quote

At present I am based in China and have a nice job, but I would be interested in making some extra money online. As my Internet connection is very slow with outages in China, video or even audio teaching doesn't appeal to me. In addition, I prefer correcting scripts for IELTS writing (ie trial questions) as I am a former IELTS writing and speaking examiner and intimately know the exam. Doing corrections for Academic Writing is also appealing to me, for when I eventually move on, because I eventually want to travel some and do this type of work at the same time.

Having perused many websites and contacts, I have seen many companies offer IELTS preparation and also Academic English, but I haven't seen any state that employment is based on script correction only, with extensive comments and potential bandings for IELTS with say a two day turnaround time.

Can anyone provide any leads in this regard because I believe I have a lot to offer in this regard.

Andrew
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give a related thread, Pay and standards concerns over IELTS marking, a look.

As for correcting academic writings, there may not be that big a market for this service since there's online marking software for that task.

If you like to write, Google freelance writing jobs and blogger jobs to see what's out there.
jimpellow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually been doing this for an online Middle Eastern school for about 4 years now. It gets boring, but the money is good and it offers me the flexibility of which you speak.

Although it is true that the grading is automated, students appreciate advice, pointing them to relevant training videos and making corrections and suggestions. That is where you can offer value.

I would contact online IELTS training schools directly and ask. You may be able to pitch your services and they can raise the price of their training accordingly for the value you would add.
AndyRoofman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jimpellow, would you be able to give me any information about the schools your work for online in relation to Academic English and IELTS? I know it may seem like Col. Sanders telling you the secret to his herbs and spices, but I looked fairly extensively on this before, and didn't find anything in relation to a correction, rather than video call service, so any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.
jimpellow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only doing it for one school and right now I have a qualified friend I had them hire to help me. If he or I decide to move on, I will pm you. That was more luck as I was teaching group classes when they started IELTS training and knew I had experience so was asked to pick that up.

Like I said, you will have to create the opportunity. It is there, you just have to show the online schools it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Online Teaching Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: