Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some first-year reflections of Doha - 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baa_baa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing on the pic posted Very Happy

thanks again hugs Very Happy
Hemlock32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baa_baa wrote:
hi Im very sorry to ask this. I just couldnt find a better thread to post.

how is life here? Is it like in KSA or is it like in UAE? I have worked in both places. I am packing my bag just not sure what to take with me. Do I need an abaya??

also how much is chicken royal meal in qatar? or a kfc meal?? do they have shawarmas Razz Im a sucker for that.

You said its better to walk so everything is close? mall super market? are taxi convenient???

upon arrival in KSA you need to get aline before you exit the airport. which we didnt. so we were stuck with no line at all. Is it the same? should I get a line?

I had trouble finding a home in KSA upon my arrival is this the same or will they pick you up???

thousand things rushing in my head.

Im feeling scared uptil today I travelled with someone now Im on my own. I need this. its been the worst 3 years of my life. any advice?

thanks for everything!

Hey there,

Let me respond to your questions too. I have never been to anywhere in the Gulf but to me Qatar is quite open. I know many Muslim colleagues who don't wear hijab or abaya. Some women have expressed to me they feel more comfortable wearing the abaya when they teach the men, but only then.

There are lots of options for food. The cuisine options are endless. KFC, Shawarma, Cinnabon, everything is here.

Ya, if you live downtown everything is really quite near. I walk daily to get my groceries, even underneath this torrid sky! If you need to go farther, I would suggest Uber at least to begin with unless you have a family.

Finding a home is quite easy, but this could depend on your employer. Our employer set us up for 2 months in a hotel and I still live there. Its really convenient for me. Most people that live here are professionals and the environment is really nice. We have a huge pool, gym, restaurants, any many other places nearby.

I felt a bit scared initially too, but once you get here you will feel much differently.

PM me if you have any more questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: