Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Runner on work visit visa hypothetical
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got my new/replacement passport their was a tick box for standard and extra pages. Maybe they gave everyone extra pages regardless, but that is what was on the application. New vs. Replacement, not something I had thought about. My passport was expiring, so I applied for a new one. It replaced the old one, but was new to me. I would guess though every passport besides your first passport is technically a replacement for the original one. I am not familiar with the legalese that goes into such things. I was just passing on what my experience was, maybe my assumptions were too broad.

It might be that they add the old passport number in endorsements for people applying for a passport in China as they know China wants to see the old number.
jaybet3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted earlier, I have a valid work visa in a cancelled USA passport and am now applying for a new job with a new passport.

The visa agent from the US said I need to send the old passport so the previous visa can be cancelled when I send the new passport for the new visa.

So, two valid work visas in Saudi might cause a problem. A problem you probably don't want to have.

See if the previous employer will send your a release letter then you can cancel the visa.

Also, I got a new US passport this year and there is no reference to my previous passport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: