Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Agent Services (Referrals)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huoguojiggae2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I see the possible confusion. When I call My China Visa 1 800 number I clearly state that I am in China trying to get the paperwork arranged. You are not in China or the US, so in that case maybe there is a further requirement. If people are in that category, please note that so we can see what is the normal procedure compared to the exceptions.

As far as I know and have seen is that you don't need fingerprints if you can get a notarized statement from your local police station in your hometown (NOT China). Otherwise, many teachers like myself who are in China have to send fingerprints. Those like you who are not in China or their home country maybe will need to give fingerprints in person.

If you are in a Southeast Asian country one tactic could be is to just hop on over to Hong Kong and see if you can send your fingerprints that way. What? Hong Kong is not part of China? Surely, China won't say that right? Wink

Quote:
By local police you mean police in China? that makes sense. I am not in China or the US.

I have no idea how going to a police station in China will help foreigners unless they are married to a Chinese person. I could be wrong and would like to know how you use local police checks originating in China to solve whatever problem you might encounter (assuming you aren't married to a Chinese person). In this case, no police stations in China that I know of will notarize fingerprints for My China Visa. They have to come from the state, in USA, that the foreigner has an address for.
svenhassel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming fingerprints taken by Chinese officials i.e Chinese police in China would be acceptable to Chinese officials in a consulate? They are to be used on the Chinese system.

Fingerprints taken by the FBI are solely for a criminal background check in the U.S?

I understand all people entering China are to have fingerprints taken upon arrival and speculate that they are trialling it in a selected consulates and for certain visa types to see if it is feasible to do it that way instead...

I can confirm that fingerprints are being taken in Dublin, for Z visa applications. Police checks in Ireland do not require fingerprints.
huoguojiggae2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm assuming fingerprints taken by Chinese officials i.e Chinese police in China would be acceptable to Chinese officials in a consulate?"

You need to extend that. They are acceptable to Chinese officials in a consulate in the foreigner's home country.

What if you are not in your home country and you are not in China? Then you cannot have a Chinese official at a local police station in France get your fingerprints. They are French, not Chinese. Hence, the possibility you will need to go to "China". That is the reason for my Hong Kong suggestion if you are nearby. Depending on your situation, if you are in Ireland and from the USA, just get the fingerprints at a Chinese consulate in Dublin or wherever you can. That seems like the best route. Hey, at least you have the luck of the Irish on your side and some whisky to bide the time.

"Fingerprints taken by the FBI are solely for a criminal background check in the U.S?"

Well, that probably is the declared intent. However, my police snooping senses tell me no. The reason why we are not allowed to get notarized local police checks in our home country easily is that if you committed a crime in your hometown or another city, you would flee!!! You would go to another country, state, or town. You would not stay in your hometown.

So, these fingerprint forms read "FBI", but in all actuality, you are not getting a federal check. You are simply getting a statewide check to make sure you are at least out of their jurisdiction. From that point on, it is another state's police force to worry about. Who would commit a crime in their home state and then think, "Now, the next thing to is sign up and teach English in China. All I need is 4 years at a university and a TEFL certificate." Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
"I understand all people entering China are to have fingerprints taken upon arrival"

I have not experienced that as of March 2017. Where does it state this?

"they are trialling it in a selected consulates and for certain visa types to see if it is feasible to do it that way instead"

If they are trialing anything, it would be at the airport immigration area for arrivals, not at a consulate.

"I can confirm that fingerprints are being taken in Dublin, for Z visa applications. Police checks in Ireland do not require fingerprints."

Yes they are, you just get them later. Just because you get them later doesn't make it a non-police check.
NubianQueen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Agent to use for documents Reply with quote

https://www.monumentvisa.com/

All steps for authentication can be handled with them. Recommended to my friend who used them without complaints.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: