Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for univ job at TESOL Arabia job fair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imdramayu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Looking for univ job at TESOL Arabia job fair Reply with quote

I'm an experienced EFL instructor with an MA in TESOL and 20 years experience (10 years in KSA). Also I have school-aged kids so an international school should be available for them. How many EFL jobs cover kids' tuition for schooling?

Is attending the TESOL Arabia job fair worthwhile in finding a good EFL job? I am ok living in KSA or UAE.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good jobs with full benefits are scarcer every year in the UAE. I would say that attending the conference is likely the best chance to find what few are left. If not hiring at the job fair, one can network and get the scoop on who might be offering education benefits. Last I heard those offering them barely covered one kid, no less multiple. The best bet... and they are rarely hiring... is American University in Sharjah. Check website

You might also try Sultan Qaboos University in Oman. Check their website to see what is required to apply.

Can't speak for KSA these days.

VS
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Educational benefits are rare. When available they often do not cover whole cost
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for univ job at TESOL Arabia job fair Reply with quote

Imdramayu wrote:
I'm an experienced EFL instructor with an MA in TESOL and 20 years experience (10 years in KSA). Also I have school-aged kids so an international school should be available for them. How many EFL jobs cover kids' tuition for schooling?

If you have eLearning and instructor-led course development experience, try Saudi Aramco for instructional designer opportunities.
Imdramayu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Why TESOL Arabia so expensive: AED850 ? Reply with quote

Why is TESOL Arabia conference so expensive? I recall it being under AED300 or at least AED400. Now the registration fee is AED850 or USD231....with the job fair that AED1050 or USD286.

What happened?
voyagerksa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those fees don't include the vast amount you are going to pay if you don't reside in one of the cities that the job fair is in. It's just another foreign ESL rip off where people pay loads of money for the chance that they just might be selected by one of the middle eastern companies who employ "only the best" which makes their sham schools somehow look good in their middle eastern eyes. Of course in addition to job fair fees, once hired you pay visa related costs, medical, courier, etc.. As we all know visas can be screwed by stupid and incredibly frivolous demands that somehow insure "only the best". The conclusion for all of this? Figure it out!
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject: I'm in the UAE Reply with quote

Good jobs are very scarce. The golden days are over. You are probably wasting your money. Aramco's your best bet through their recruiters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: