Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Universities remain shut but offer online courses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Universities remain shut but offer online courses Reply with quote

BEIJING, Feb. 5 (Xinhua) -- China's Ministry of Education (MOE) has required colleges and universities nationwide to offer online teaching and learning resources following the postponement of school semesters.

According to a set of guidelines recently issued by the MOE, colleges and universities should make full use of all kinds of quality open online courses and laboratory resource platforms to organize online education activities.

Efforts should be made to make sure that online learning can be as efficient as learning in the classroom, said the guidelines.

Official data showed that as of Feb. 2, 22 online course platforms had opened more than 24,000 free courses covering 12 undergraduate disciplines and 18 majors of technical and vocational education.

The MOE in late January announced the postponement of the 2020 spring semester for schools amid the novel coronavirus outbreak, but did not specify the opening dates of colleges and universities under the ministry.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-02/05/c_138757565.htm
twowheel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Yep.

We will see how (well) this all plays out.

Warm regards,
twowheel
Blistering Zanazilz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These online learning platforms are something that should have been initiated ages ago in this country. Like many others I've been given instructions, without much instruction, to prepare online lessons. I'll wait and see what happens before I take any real action.
twowheel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blistering Zanazilz wrote:
These online learning platforms are something that should have been initiated ages ago in this country. Like many others I've been given instructions, without much instruction, to prepare online lessons. I'll wait and see what happens before I take any real action.

Ditto--I pretty much echo this sentiment.

Last week I began receiving directives and a barrage of information addressing the question WHAT? and much less information addressing the question HOW? I am also taking a wait-and-see approach and am not scrambling into action just yet.

Warm regards,
twowheel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: