Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What could I expect in Paris?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject: What could I expect in Paris? Reply with quote

I'm a U.S. citizen with an MSEd (TESOL), 6 years' full-time EFL teaching experience at the university level in Japan, and 10 solo publications & 1 shared authorship in not-great journals.

What kind of university work and what kind of working conditions could I expect in Paris? I love city life and would rather work at a lower-level university in Paris than a mid-level university Paris. (I feel certain that I'm under-qualified for the best universities in France.)

Thanks!
spiral78

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Author

I'll reply here once, but the answer is ditto for all the other Europe forums you've posted on.

It's tough for US passport holders to get work visas in EU member states. MA holders are numerous, university jobs are scarce (this isn't Asia and most people who hold such jobs have local language skills, connections and reputations - and often family).

Experience teaching in Asia isn't sought out as students here are quite different in terms of motivation and expectations.

Your prospects are thin across Europe. You might find something entry-level.

Sorry for the bad news, but it's a very tight job market here. And no, I'm not trying to protect my own job - I'm secure. And in fact I sometimes hire, but your stated quals wouldn't open the door here, unfortunately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: