Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching online for Saudi Unis - remotely

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCHUBERT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Teaching online for Saudi Unis - remotely Reply with quote

A friend in UK was recently offered online teaching hours with a University in the Eastern province (via a recruitment company). He has not finalized all the details as yet and was asking me what kind of salary he may expect for teaching 20 hour weeks.

Is this the way for new Saudi teaching contracts - farm out work to teachers in other countries and save a semi fortune in the process ? No mucking about with flights, visas and accommodations.

Is this even feasible without bodies on site ? I do know that ex-colleagues in Saudi are already teaching online there.

I am guessing that if (remote) teacher supply is sufficient then online salaries will drop accordingly.

Meanwhile, to my question. Given that Saudi teaching salaries are generally among the best in the EFL world, what kind of salary can a teacher expect for teaching online ?
Henry IX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this? I'm waiting on something for a Saudi uni and the agency is mentioning talk of applicants doing some online stuff while Covid/visa situation becomes clearer etc....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: