Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.::classroom management?::.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoanna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: .::classroom management?::. Reply with quote

I am going to be teaching in Europe and was wondering how any of you proceed in classroom management....? Do you use games a lot for the children or do you hold strict classes, or even it out 50/50?I have taught two different "types" of classes (publisc and private) more than once and found that when I am strict, the students learn alot more, and faster, and then I do suprises for them, like field trips if they have behaved for "x" amount of time. I teach 2-7 year olds, and will also be opening my own small independant private English school. I am just wondering that works for each of YOU..... any feedback is greatly appreciated. Embarassed
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strict, but ofer rewards DO positive reinforcement, ex the best child of the week, day. treats like stickers. I got a squirtgun and shot the bad kids.
yoanna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: shooting bad students with a water gun Reply with quote

ummmm.... i do not mean to offend anyone, and I did laugh when I first read it, but do you think "shooting" students is positive reinforcement or even ethical? dont you think they will develop an inferriority complex? Shocked
matthews_world

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaching in Asia, I find that whatever floats your boat, just do it!

Might be true where you are going.

Professionalism is basically fly by night. In other words, teaching ESL is a whole other ball of wax!
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, they loved it. they were four years old and would get shocked when hit with water, then laugh uncontrollably. The only bad thing was that sometimes they did bad things just so they oculd get shot.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, I forgot, yeah, that was in china, And if you think shooting kids with water is bad, it's not. You should see how they yell and hit the kids in some kidergartens.
yoanna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: sorry Reply with quote

im sorry, I didnt want to give the impression that I thought it was a bad thing, I thought it was cute, I just wasnt sure how the parents and the dean of the school would like it. Some schools are strict when it comes to certain things (such as how to manage your class).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Romania All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: