Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30 day entry Visa enough? Save $$ on ticket?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IamtheWalrus

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: 30 day entry Visa enough? Save $$ on ticket? Reply with quote

I was wondering, now that there is a 30 day entry visa available, do you think it's better to not get the 60 day visa? This way, I don't need a roundtrip ticket (which is required for the 60 day visa). It seems easy enough to geta position within a month and get the arc. Even still, I am sure they are not hitting down hard on those staying a little past their visa deadline...

What do you guys think?
taiwan boy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a good reason for getting the 60-day visa---it is extendable. If you get the 30-day visa you'll find yourself having to buy a ticket in Taiwan to somewhere else to renew your visa after 30-days. (Also in theory you need a ticket out of Taiwan to get a 30-day visa at the airport).

If you are applying for the visa in your home country you shouldn't have any problems getting a 60-day visa. If they insist on seeing a return ticket ask your helpful travel agent to issue a "dummy" ticket for you.
IamtheWalrus

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told by the TECO San Francisco Office today that you need a visitor visa in order to change to an ARC once hired by a school in taiwan. Is this true? I guess my idea of just landing without visa, getting 30 day visitor visa will be ok. True?

The good news is that they are pretty easy people and said i just need a check and photos..never asked about roundtrip ticket. Seem easy going...
taiwan boy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I didn't make it clear in my previous post. Get a 60-day visitor visa in SF. You can then apply for an ARC once you are in Taiwan. If you just get a visa at the airport in Taipei you will have to do a visa run to a third country. This will cost a minimum of US$300.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: