Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hess Chain School

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jojo

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Hess Chain School Reply with quote

I used to read tons of posts on the bad stories regarding the chain schools in Taiwan. I was curious if anyone has worked in and can comment on their experience at Hess? Any good or bad comments is appreciated.

I know at Hess they work longer hours than other schools for the same if less pay. What is the going rate per hour these days in Taipei?

Thanks
Jojo
ophion

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hess is decent. The upside is that they are willing to jump through all of the hoops to make your employment legal from day one; if you give them enough advance warning, they will have your work visa for you before you move to Taiwan, as it should be done. The downside is that you will have a lower than average salary and quite often a six-day work week.
koraust

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply to the posting re Hess----I am a 50yr old Australian male, teaching 10yrs now---applied to Hess and was told I am too old for there system---I always thought it was quality of teaching not age that made a good teacher---anyway working for a new school in Taiwan now all ages from kindergarden up and having a marvellous time---top pay and conditions and more work than I can poke a stick at. Hess bugger give them the miss mate!!!.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: