Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info please about CES or TETA (Maoming)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaundele

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Info please about CES or TETA (Maoming) Reply with quote

Hi! Could anyone give us information about the reliability of either CES (China Education Services)(based in Colorado) placement service run by a James Tsing or TETA ( a small organization supplying teachers in Maoming)????

We have had to evacuate our area and are going to China on short notice. It's hard to tell just by email. Any information would be helpful
Roger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my info is guesswork, the rest is based on knowledge.
First the fuzzy:
The USA-based recruiter you mentioned is unknown to me, as is its MAOMING partner. Now here is what I feel you need to know:
There is a certain "training centre" there with which I had had some correspondence over a year ago. In my opinion, it was a trap. The training centre repeatedly advertised on a website which offered free advertising. Now if someone saves advertising costs, they can afford to place adverts as often as they like, right? And, isn't this an invitation to abusing this privilege?
Soon they offered a job that paid an astounding salary.
I got somewhat sceptical when I read that the guy in charge there passed himself off as an Aussie. Now his English was telltale Chinese English.

As for MAOMING, I absolutely take the view this is not a place people want to end up! Oh, it is not like Mumbai - spread out. It is somewhat compact and smallish. It does not have major polluting industries. It simply is a backwater in western Guangdong, half-way between Guangzhou and Hainan Island. It is neither scenic, historically interesting nor conveniently located to visit any other place.

In other words:
A less-than trustworthy employer in a lacklustre place!
Choose some other location - and you will not regret it as much as this one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: