Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CENT KOLEJ - UPDATE!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leila2003

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: CENT KOLEJ - UPDATE!! Reply with quote

Hi everyone....sorry amber i couldn't reply to the old posting of paying for a work permit but here is the latest news I found out. After I told Mr.Dick Daniel that I was advised by the Turkish Consulate in my country NOT to pay the 500$ and also to find out if the school has permission to employ foreign nationals....I heard nothing further from them.....all my emails have been ignored and the number given to me constantly rings!!!!

I have a friend who wrote to the school principal and this is the exact message received:

Quote:
Dear Liu,

>We have received your e-mail about the teaching position in our school.

>I think there is a misunderstanding since we haven't given such an advertisement and there is nobody in our school named �zlem Bulut or Daniel DICK .

>Someone must be committing fraud using our name.

>Thank you for your warning and wish you good luck.

Anyway this si for everyone out there to be on guard.....The school itself has never advertised and so please be careful.

amber, just a quick note to let you know I got an offer from ihistanbul...completing my documents for them...will be in turkey mid-july....leaving riyadh on 2nd July....hope to meet you there!!
amber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: hi there Reply with quote

Leila,

This is the first time I've logged on to this website since our last discussion. for awhile, I gave up the idea of teaching abroad for staying in my country. Then I got linked with a local company that was hiring for Oman. I have received a contract after two months of deliberation but am unsure if I will take it still. The contract is less than ideal.

Good luck to you in Turkey. I am glad that you found out it was a scam before you send any $. I was sure they were hoakey - too good to be true in the first place and then they wanted $500 USD. Just for fun, I was looking "out there" for job opportunities and was alarmed by how many postings that look sketchy. sigh. I don't know if I want to go back to the drawing board. This is a lot of work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: