Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs in Turkey? Where are they?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle Fischer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Jobs in Turkey? Where are they? Reply with quote

Me again! Where are all the jobs? I've tried the cafe, TEFL.net etc etc...but it seems there aren't any English teaching jobs available in Turkey... This can't be true, can it? Any suggestions?

M
bnix

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Jobs in Turkey Reply with quote

Did you see the one with the Turco-British Association(posted May 16) on the International Jobs Offered on Dave's?I am not saying if it is good or bad(I have never taught in Turkey)...but it is listed.

There do seem to be a lot less jobs listed for Turkey than formerly.Maybe it is because of the economy there? I really am not sure.I was all set to teach at a college in Turkey five years ago...but they expected me to show up without sending me a copy of the contract first(!)...so I went someplace else instead.Good luck in finding a position in Turkey
Mike_2003

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are jobs to be found, particularly if you are in the country. I've heard of a few places who are interested in taking on native speakers, although mostly at private language schools at the lower end of the market (often not the most reputable employers).

Visiting the country to get an idea of what's available (re. your other post) isn't a bad idea, but as the replies stated, you'd have to leave the country again to process the work permit which would be time consuming and costly. It depends on how keen you are to work here and how quickly you want to find work. I'm fairly confident that you would be able to find something once you were over here.
richard ame

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Jobs over here ,are you blind ? Reply with quote

Hi
I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here but there are jobs plenty of them but not every employer uses the web to advertise I know my placeis going to need a boat load of new talent in Izmir drop me a line and give me some juice about yourself and I '2ll see what I can pass on to you ,are you a newbie???
farkle

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of language schools are not hiring now because many students do not come in the summertime. If you are interested in working in Turkey in the fall, this is the time to get started if you want to get a work permit. However, if you are in Istanbul, for example, you might be able to find some work if someone leaves or patch together some part-time work. Most teachers work on a tourist visa, btw, since the work visa is such a hassle. The lang school should help pay for the border run every 3 months. Feel free to e-mail if you have specific questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: