Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How well could I live on Rhodes.........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nubain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: How well could I live on Rhodes......... Reply with quote

on a fixed income of 3000 E per month? I am looking for a place to spend the winter months, and yes, I know the weather is not very good from November through March. I own a home in Montana and will summer there, but want to have a place in the Aegean.
niko60

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that kind of money you will live like royallty anwhere in Greece, or Europe for that matter.
nubain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niko60 wrote:
With that kind of money you will live like royallty anwhere in Greece, or Europe for that matter.

thanks Niko, it will actually be a little more than the 3k now. I am headed there in April for the first time, but am keeping my mind open to other spots in the area. I will be there for a month and will be hopping around so I can get a good feel for what they all offer.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: efl Reply with quote

EFL ? Or a website for idle fatcats ?
teacheringreece

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, why is anybody giving this character the time of day? He must surely know that 3k a month is going to afford him a very present lifestyle on a Greek island. Surely he doesn't just want to gloat about his income...?
nubain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Oddly enough Reply with quote

no, I have no idean how well or poorly I could exist on that much money. You see, I just finished my third short tour in Afghanistan and have been just a bit too busy to research it. And looking at another short one to Iraq in April well, shame on me, but I might not have the chance to look before I go- a little busy with firing ranges and such. You know, all I want to do is live quietly if I make it back this time, I will retire in January. At that point I can start traveling between Montana and there. Do me a favor, think before you write.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you what. Send me 3000 Euros and I will go and try it. Then I can report back to you.

I mean when you have experience in Afghanistan and Iraq we can't expect you to risk your life on Rhodes !
niko60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said Scot47....... Now that I think about it. I've got about 50,000K laying about, and I was thinking of investing in cave exploration tours in Afghanistan, ( sort of a who can find Bin Laden? first type of thing). Maybe our friend Nubain can help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Greece All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: