Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mexico City Roll Call

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steves619

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Mexico City Roll Call Reply with quote

Hello,

I�ve just arrived in Mexico City and I�m beginning my job search.
As might be expected, I�m a little overwhelmed by the city, and it
sure would be nice to know some other people in the same situation.

Are there any others in the city looking for work who would like to
exchange e-mail addresses, or for that matter, established teachers
who wouldn�t mind giving a word of advice or two to us initiates?

I�m dying to have a cold beer with some other extranjeros and talk
about living here in this enormous city!

Cheers,

-Steve
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: not DF but close Reply with quote

Welcome to Mexico! Im not in DF but I am in Toluca, about 40 minutes west. Its a small industrial city (well, small compared to DF). I just got here last week, however, I was lucky enough to already have a job in hand.

I havent yet had a chance to visit the big city yet? They tell me one can get some Asian food there. Only one week and I already miss Chinese lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MELEE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: not DF but close Reply with quote

thelmadatter wrote:

They tell me one can get some Asian food there. Only one week and I already miss Chinese lol.

I haven't found any Chinese food I'd return for in any of my attemps in any city in Mexico except for Tuxla Guitierrez, Chiapas! However, there is an excellent Japanese restaurant in Mexico City on Hamburgo in the Zona Rosa. The name is Tokyo and it is run by a lovely Japanese couple. It's a bit expensive, but has a reasonalble set lunch and I always treat myself when ever I'm in the City.

I also once got some really good Indian food in Mexico City, but was taken to the restaurant in a friend who has now left the country)'s car. I don't remember the name of it, nor do I remember what part of town it was in. On about three occasions I've seen a part of the city that looked familiar and thought, "that Indian place was near here" but on each of those three occasions I've been in totally different parts of the city! I've given it up for lost in the Megacity. If anyone knows of a really good Indian place I'd love to hear about it.
The Old Gringo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on the Indian food!
How about Vietnamese soup (Pho)?
Thai?
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Chinese Reply with quote

I unfortunately found a Chinese place in DF. Three other teachers and I were doubled over for two days after.

I found Lebanese downtown DF...now THAT rocks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: pho Reply with quote

Decent pho in Mexico?? Dare I hope??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: