Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i'm sure the topic has been beaten to death.. but....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottymac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: i'm sure the topic has been beaten to death.. but.... Reply with quote

I am planning on moving to Egypt in February 2006. I am a 25 year old Canadian who has a teachers degree as well as 2 years of ESL experience in Asia. I am wondering on the job prospects for either Cairo or Alexandria for that time of year? I am also wondering about my chances of getting a job at an international school. If you could suggest an amount of money I should bring over to tie myself over until I find a job. I am planning on looking for a job and a place to live once I get there( unless any of you could suggest a way to find a job before I head over) Thank you for any suggestions that you may share with me. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the board will tell you about your prospects. Someone there may come on and have some up to date information. That is not the best time of the year to try to find a job except perhaps at language schools... on a part time basis, of course.

But, as to money... I would have access to a credit card that will allow you to buy a ticket home in case of emergency. You should have an ATM card connected to an account with at least a thousand and only carry a couple hundred or so at most. It could take you months before you are actually supporting yourself financially... (earning an income and learning the system so that you don't overpay for things)

A better idea might be to get a job at home and save some money to provide a cushion and apply for jobs starting the next academic year - August 06...

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: