Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
route67

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: ACE Reply with quote

Anyone have anything they'd care to share about ACE in Cambodia? Is it worth considering as an option? I've read the job info journal, but the info is 2.5 years old! Any more recent experiences?

Your time and patience is, as always, much appreciated.

Wink
anospi

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACE is the most reputable English school in Cambodia. They employ around 80 teachers, 40 of whom are expats, and the other 40 Khmer teachers with masters in English language teaching. It is the best place to work as an English teacher in Phnom Penh.

I would put all your efforts into finding a job at ACE before anywhere else, and failing that, try some of the better universities, such as the Royal Uni. of Phnom Penh, or Pannasastra Uni.
Legolarse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: ACE reports mixed Reply with quote

Reports on ACE on other forums are mixed. See other parts of this website...

http://www.eslcafe.com/jobinfo/asia/sefer.cgi?display:1011475134-13079.txt

http://www.eslcafe.com/jobinfo/asia/sefer.cgi?display:1030343621-9532.txt

I'm looking for a job in Cam too so I'd be interested in getting to the bottom of this.
khmerhit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go, man--figure it out when you get there. Cool Cool Cool
anospi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That article about ACE in Phnom Penh was written by someone who worked there in 1997/98. Now I obviously wasn't in Cambodia then, but I can say that that description of ACE definitely does not apply to the way the school is run now.

Who am I to tell people which school to work at though?! In my opinion., ACE is the best in Phnom Penh. I work there. Take on board the previous posters invaluable comment - check out the scene once you arrive here! Maybe you'll find something that suits you better.
Legolarse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to go to Cam and spend ages searching for a job, esp since I spent a month in the country a couple years ago so I've done all the touristy stuff, and since I've heard about all the shitty employers ripping off people like me and requiring split shifts (eg 6-8am, 6-8pm).

Does ACE require teaching experience or a minimum time commitment? I have no experience (but I do have a CELTA and degree) and don't want to commit for more than a few months initially.
anospi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure of the exact requirements, but without teaching experience you must have at least a CELTA and a degree. So you could apply.

As far as time commitment goes, there are contract and sessional positions. Sign your life away, or, get a sessional position so you can basically stay as long as you want.
princessofquitealot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: ACE contact? Reply with quote

Can someone working at ACE provide a contact email for a prospective employee? I used the email address (info@ acecambodia.idp.edu.au) on ACE's website but my email was "returned" as unsendable. Thanks a lot.
Roselyn1792

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i contacted the representative from ACE last week and they require you to have a degre+celta. but they pay really good! too bad i dont have a degree yet....darn! here's he's email address : [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: