Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which language schools/universities in Izmir are good?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
istanbullheaded

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Which language schools/universities in Izmir are good? Reply with quote

Hello, all. Currently I am teaching at a private high school in Istanbul. I am considering moving to Izmir, and may be leaving the high school experience anyway, so please let me know what language schools and universities are good in Izmir. I have found a bit of info but will continue to investigate this site for info, too, of course. Right now I have time to visit Izmir and check everything out, which I plan to do very soon. Tesekkurler.
richard ame

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Izmir Reply with quote

Hello Mr bullhead
I see you have had some experience of the private sector do you intend to remain in there?
There are only two private universities here ,however, quite a few private language schools and high schools ,your post suggests that you have done some research on this therefore would you have any specfic question relating to what you have gleaned thus far ?I await your more specfic questions with interest .
istanbullheaded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Jobs in Izmir Reply with quote

Richard, thank you for your response. I was only thinking about the Job Information Journal post praising Bilmer. What do you think? I am unsure enough about my actually wanting to move here or leave my current position to do a fullscale search now. I plan to come here later in the summer or on weekends during the school year after some serious consideration of everything. My impression of Izmir is that it is not as crowded, expensive or as crazy as Istanbul. Thanks again.
richard ame

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Izmır jobs Reply with quote

Hi Again
I haven't heard too much about that place so I can't make any comments in as much nothing good or bad so you know more than me . The main thing is to find out the " packages" that are on offer in the city and try for the most attractive .In many respects they are all very much the same but some do at least pay a reasonable salary and throw in a flat as well which can be useful to say the least ,not much fun though if you have to share .
Bear in mind you need to make visa arrangements at your nearest embassey before you throw yourself in at the deep end ,try and get a sample contract before you sign which should be in English of course .
istanbullheaded

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, thanks for your helpful input. Kendine iyi bak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: