Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cricket lessons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell Hadd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Soporiphic effect... Reply with quote

grahamb wrote:
I'll leave the cricket discussion to you, Ruskin. Zzzzzz

But you reintroduced the central topic again and have obviously followed both of the English second innings efforts judging by your observations.
grahamb wrote:
Now, shinty, that's a real game for you.
As real as the next game but not for me. I'm more of a hurl and sliotar man being a Tim. HAIL HAIL. Too be honest I can't remember seeing shinty in the time I've been back in Scotland but cricket is growing and I can't think of a sport that is doing more to promote multi-culturalism in central Scotland than cricket.
grahamb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Wishful thinking (ctd) Reply with quote

Wrong again, Rustle. The simple fact is that the EBC force-feeds us on cricket. You can't deny that it's often headline news, taking precedence over mundane items such as wars and natural disasters.
I never realised cricket did so much for multi-culturalism. Perhaps one day it will also lead to a cure for AIDS, global warming, the Arab-Israeli conflict and of course sectarianism. Aye, I can just see Pastor Jack and Mario Conti settling their differences over a game of cricket. Rolling Eyes
Walter Mitty, eat your heart out.
grahamb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Gone away Reply with quote

I stand corrected! Pastor Jack met his maker in February last year. Whether he's now relaxing on a cloud or stoking the fiery furnace is anyone's guess. RIP (or not, as the case may be).
Russell Hadd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wishful thinking (ctd) Reply with quote

grambrain wrote:
I never realised cricket did so much for multi-culturalism.

Cricket has a small but rapidly growing role in our society. Our national team is a fine example of that multi-culturalism and is increasingly replicated in the clubs around the country. Many communities in Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire identify with cricket more so than football or rugby (I wonder how many have heard of shinty?) because they consider cricket to be the number one sport. For these reasons I'm sure even you'd agree that the funding that cricket receives is money well spent.
Russell Hadd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keano is home and Yasser Arafat played for the Pakistanis against England this week - happy days!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: