Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Live in Sihanoukville?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aphrodite#5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Anyone Live in Sihanoukville? Reply with quote

I'm coming to Sihanoukville for the Chinese New Year holiday and want to know if there are recommendations for a good, cheap hostel or hotel. Preferably as close to the beach as possible. I've looked at a lot websites but most don't have online bookings or pictures of the hostels/hotels in Sihanoukville. Any suggestions? Shocked
khmerhit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, go down to the Ochetiel Beach, and as far out west as you can go. There are some nice beach front guesthouses. A Frenchman owns a v nice one the name of which escapes me, and the food is naturaly quite good, but more expensive than average.

you shouldn't need to book anything, it's Cambodia! but i could be wrong. The hotels hike the prices at new year, maybe not at chinese new yr. Dont stay in town if you want to be near a beach, because you will have to take a taxi here and there and it is a rather hilly town. Also, dont go to Mealy Chenda if you want to avoid the tourist crush. It is a trap. Anyway dont worry till you get there, then shop around, theres lots of places and the town is full of rather eccentric local hoteliers who will want your custom...Just remember Ochetiel beach and have fun...
moot point

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be the Susuday? I stayed there a few years back and it was very nicely run and the Vietnamese/Cambodian family running the place while the French owners were away were extremely friendly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: