Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is a two day stint to Angkor Wat worth it or should I wait?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
going_places

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Is a two day stint to Angkor Wat worth it or should I wait? Reply with quote

I'm currently teaching in Korea and I'm planning for my first break during the beginning of August. Is it most likely the case that Angkor Wat will be swamped, or will it be too hot for tourists? I'm planning on flying down to Vietnam and checking out a few spots, then getting a roundtrip ticket to Siem Reap, all in a nine day period. Should I just wait until I have the time to hang around or are just a few days sufficient?
angrysoba

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Should I just wait until I have the time to hang around or are just a few days sufficient?

I think alot of that depends on you. You can see most of the main temples around Angkor Wat in one day (i.e Angkor Wat, the Bayon and Ta Prom) but if you want to see more there then you should probably give yourself more time. One of the main problems about travelling in Cambodia is the state of the roads. You can't get around quickly unless you want to fly to Siem Reap which is a bit of a waste as you miss out on the scenery.

I would say nine days to see Vietnam and Cambodia is not enough. You probably should wait until you have more time.
saint57

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a four day stop in Cambodia. I went to Angkor Wat. It was a hell of a rush but I got to see it. After leaving my opinion of Cambodia was very low. However, a year later I got to visit for three weeks. I avoided the tourist traps and saw the whole country. It's one of my favorite places now.
cameron.mayo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 days is enough for Angkor but not enough for the mayhem that is Cambodia...come back again for longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: