Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice on work visa??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Advice on work visa?? Reply with quote

I am looking for avice on work visas and Poland.. I have a plan and I'm wondering if it'll work..ok, here's the plan.. I have dual citizenship..

1-I arrive in Poland with under my UK passport and get a 90 day travel visa..

2-I pound the pavement in Poznan and find a job, they get me a work permit.. Is it hard to find a teaching job while you are in poland or easier??

3- i send my Canadian passport, work permit and visa application back home, a friend brings it/ mails it into the Polish consulate, I get my work visa and my friend mails my passport and work visa back to me in poland..

What do you think of this plan?? Do you see any flaws?? Has anyone out there ever gotten away with this?? Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
rd.
Alex Shulgin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major flaw is that all consulates have the right to ask to meet the person applying for a visa. As I understand the situation it is becoming much more common for them to ask to meet the person who is applying (precisely because people have been doing what you suggest). Your plan might work or it might not. If it doesn't then you are going to have a major problem, making an illegal application is not going to go down well with the Polish government. Perhaps publicly stating your plan to break Polish law on a website read by thousands of people wasn't so bright.

Also you can't mix and match your passports. You have to leave the country on the same one that you enter the country with. Otherwise you are suspected of entering the country illegally.

The other flaw with your plan is that you will have to leave Poland after you get the visa (if you get it). The visa is not valid until it is activated by being stamped by the border guards.

If you have a UK passport then get the visa in the UK! Flights to London and back are only US$147.

Generally it is easier to find work when you are here but the schools you'd want to work at still require some form of qualification in teaching (like a CELTA).
rd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea that was illegal. I'll have to pursue another plan. Thanks for the advice.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: