Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Khao San Road
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyydude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Khao San Road Reply with quote

Where can a person buy a novelty degree on Khao San Road? Can you choose the uni you want? Do they come with transcripts? Are they good quality?

Thanks
Tabitha Smallpiece

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder I know you would not dream of actually applying for a position with a forged degree document, as all reputable schools do in fact check back to validate documentation.

The presentation of forged documents is not regarded in a very warm manner by schools and indeed the Education department here in Thailand, this despite the rampant cheating that goes on amongst Thai students. Sad to say cheating is regarded as a normal practice downright fraud by a farang is regarded as a grave sin , exercise caution my friend in the use of a ''novelty degree and transcript ''. Rolling Eyes
The Lemon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Sleazy. Reply with quote

You made the claim in another thread that it's only for decoration, to hang on the wall.

If this is the case, why are you asking about transcripts?

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/job/viewtopic.php?p=22051
Ajarn Miguk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sleazy. Reply with quote

The Lemon wrote:

If this is the case, why are you asking about transcripts?

Among a select percentage of the population, "novelty" degree and/or "novelty" transcript collecting have replaced stamp collecting as the hobby of choice.

I'm surprised you didn't know.
Flyydude

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You`re exactly right, Ajarn Miguk. Are you also a collector of "novelty" documents?
Tabitha Smallpiece

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All rather funny really, but you might like to know that the people who ran the novelty degree shop etc on Khao San road were all arrested on Thursday June the 26th and charged with various offences.

Lots of talk in the press about checking up on people now, be careful anyone who has a dubioud degree, you could end up in serious trouble. Exclamation
reality

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Why Bother Reply with quote

Cool

Even if you have a real degree, why bother with Thailand. You end up making less than an identical Teacher does in Cambodia, Vietnam or Myanmar. Renting a poky one room 'Apartment', and looking up the Friday 'Happy hour' ads in the Bangkok Post. One year down the road, you will be jaded, tired and counting your Baht change to see of you can afford a ticket to a more 'Farang' friendly Country.
Ajarn Miguk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Afraid Not Reply with quote

Flyydude wrote: "Are you also a collector of "novelty" documents?"

Afraid not. Have enough real ones that novelty ones are unnecessary. Also, no remaining wall space to display them.
DAN SEBOLD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a purely hypothetical question. I would like to point out that just because they arrested the scammers on Khaosan Road doesn't mean that they aren't right back out on the street doing it again. You can still buy bootlegged software at Pantep. Right? Well, they raided and shut down the place a year and a half ago, but a week later they were all back at it.

At any rate, I am speaking hypothetically--of course I would never do such a thing--but I have two good degrees and have used them well up here in South Korea, but--what if one were to pick up a scam RSA Certificate on Khaosan Road and try to use it up in Korea? I am thinking the Koreans would never know the difference.
spatrick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of this talk of fake degrees has me laughing. It�s like the students who buy or cheat their TOEFL exams -- the final proof is whether one can demonstrate the knowledge acquired: that is, for teachers, can you actually teach, or for TOEFL scammers, can you use the language!!

I simply love it when people pretend to have skills they don�t -- it doesn�t take more than five minutes�classroom observation to know the truth.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: ignore what tabitha said.... Reply with quote

there are many teachers working in thailand with fake degrees. she is wrong and they do not always check. if that were the case, there would be noone selling and or buying fake degrees on khao san road. besides, not having a real degree doesn't automatically disqualify you as a techer..... you may well have great teaching talents.
Miss mellow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know teachers with and without credentials. There are some fine teachers out there who never bothered to lie about what they have or haven't got and who do a great job. You've either got it or you aint as far as talent is concerned!
senor boogie woogie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola!

Can I buy an MBA from Harvard, Princeton, Yale or Columbia? Screw the ESL garbage, I want the good stuff.

SENOR
shebab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sell you my MBA diploma from Indiana...how much are you willing to pay? Laughing
fat_chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that be Kelley or Krannert?

How much are you offering?

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: