Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

housing w/ internet in trujillo?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blendergasket

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: housing w/ internet in trujillo? Reply with quote

hi there.

i was wondering if it is totally out of the question to find housing in trujillo with internet? also, could someone possibly point me to websites that have housing ads for trujillo? I�m having trouble finding any.

Thanks in advance!!!
nineisone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La Industria is the main newspaper in Trujillo and has a fairly extensive classified section with Apartments and Rooms to rent. Do a search for their website. Ive seen new developments on the outskirts of town advertised with Internet included but these are usually in the buy category rather than the rent one.
blendergasket

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

thanks for the info. i�ll check that out.
keepwalking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are checking out La Industria, look for the following neighbourhoods. They are in safe areas, well located for the centre and schools, and are the most likely to have internet access - but it is hard to get, I gave up looking when I found out the prices. It's 40 soles a month just for the phone line and then you have to pay for internet access as well. I forget how much internet access was! Unless you are going to spend hours a day online, then I'd recommend the local cabinas. They are 1 sole an hour and most do somekind of loyalty package where you get free hours for regular use.

Looks like we might be able to start our own Trujillo branch soon, I make it four of us on this branch plus the motley crew I work with who don't grace Dave's with their wit and wisdom!
keepwalking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be helpful if I actually listed the neighbourhoods right? They are:

San Andres
California
La Merced
nineisone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommended neighborhoods. Done lots of walking around. Appears that all the neighborhoods mentioned are near the Universities and Institutes on the south end of the city. I�m seeing some reasonable ads for rooms and apartments out on Mansiche heading west out of town. Walked the area and while it is fairly far from the schools, it seemed ok. How does this area grab you?
keepwalking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful here - there are two main hotspots which should be avoided at all costs.

The first is on the left of Mansiche, (on the way out of town) in the two or three blocks immediately past the hospital. Anything in the blocks parallel to Mansiche here is in a very dodgy area - drugs, guns, kidnappings the lot. Not to be recommended!

On the right hand side be careful in the few blocks back from Mansiche, towards the bus stations on Nicholas Periera. Again, dodgy.

On the right hand side it is fine between the Clinico-Peruano-Americano and the gas station on the corner of Mansiche and America Sur.

Hope that helps
nineisone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great info. for me. I walked those areas at night! Although I think the farther out you go the worse it gets and I didnt get too far past the Clinic. That must be why the prices were so low........
Luna Chica

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LA Industria online doesn't seem to have classified ads. am I right? Or am I missing it somehow?
nineisone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are correct. I can recall trying to locate them with some difficulty before I left for Trujillo. Possibly I am recalling Noticias Trujillo. I will have to check there website again to see if they have classifieds up.
ichbinakser

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Trujillo Reply with quote

Ich Was living in Trujillo and well let me know what exactly would you like because i can help you or put you in contact with a guy who help me out finding a place to stay.
vaughnyb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post the information of the person who helps with finding apartments in trujillo as I willl need their help in the near future.
_kojak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this thread is over a year old, is there any new information about this? Have internet prices gone down? Is the local newspaper still the best spot to find housing?
NickImpy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since i will be moving this year or next year to Trujillo I think we better become aqainted. my wife is a native of Trujillo and she comes from a middle class family in a good neighborhood. I can ask my mother-in-law if she knows anybody that is renting an apartment or a room if you want. let me know.

[email protected]
nineisone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have heard, rental rates have increased in Trujillo, although not dramatically. Once again, a lot of this is dependent upon a persons expectations. I was comfortable renting a room with a private entrance. Many post here desiring to bring family along or to live in 1st world comforts. You will likely need a top draw job or have saved money to accomplish this.

My friend just got a good apartment in a nicer neighborhood for only 500 soles per month(165$ usd) to give you an idea. He is Peruano and native to the city. Recall, that the provinces are cheaper than the capital, although often the pay is less in the provinces. I would think it difficult to make arrangements in advance of arrival unless you have connections on the ground in Peru. Better to view any potential accomodation in person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: