Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teaching groups privately

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BELS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: teaching groups privately Reply with quote

My wife and I are currently teaching privately to groups in various age groups and levels, from young children to adults. We are currently teaching in a village in the western region of Moscow. We have become very successful and earn more than a salaried teacher from the centre of Moscow. We are interested in moving to back to London as a family of four. and setting up something simular. At the moment we are renting a classroom within a state school. can we do the same in London? Or perhaps some other form of accomadation

We have two sons, ages 6 months and 9 years. My wife is Russian and I am British. We are both qualified and experienced. Additionaly my wife has a linguistic degree in English so you could say my wife is higher qualified than I am.

Has anybody on this site got any experience of privately teaching groups?
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you will be declaring all your income to the tax authorities, won't you ?
BELS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, we want a bonafide business just like we did in Moscow, taxes were paid. You automatically pay your taxes when you are employed in the UK, dont you.

WE are considering working as teachers for a college or a University, hopefully not a training centre. While working we will develop our own classes: hopefully. I would love to know more about running classes legally. I am trying to find out about government legislation now. I think it's already changing as I speak.

It's difficult , I have a wife and two children but I would love to come back to UK and develop a good standard of living. My past experience has shown doing it yourself is the best way. It certainly worked that way in Moscow where we are earning much more than the average employed esl teacher in Moscow, and we happen to be in the Western region of Moscow where fees are much lower.

Last edited by BELS on Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
BELS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any knowledge about government legislation or contacts about developing classes or opening a small training centre would be much appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: