Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Philippines Advice...??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kosmo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Philippines Advice...?? Reply with quote

I just booked a ticket from Taipei to Manila, but now am looking into what to do from there. Can anyone give me advice on where to go/what to do?
Anything will help.
Thanks in advance.
Ki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what you want to do. Boracay is the usual beach destination there. From Manila you may need to change to the other airport depending on which airline you use to a nearby island and then many people will be waiting outside to bus and ferry you off to the island. If however you were looking at something more cultural, etc then maybe head straight for the hostel in Manila and they will quickly fill you in on what to see and do. Go visit an active volcano. No joke.
Miyazaki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head down to Palawan.
El Nido is very beautiful.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Philippines Advice...?? Reply with quote

kosmo wrote:
I just booked a ticket from Taipei to Manila, but now am looking into what to do from there. Can anyone give me advice on where to go/what to do?
Anything will help.
Thanks in advance.

Just curious.. how did you know you wanted to go to the Philippines in the first place?

I'm always curious how people buy tickets to places they don't know what they'll do there.

If you don't know where you want to go.. Boracay is a must. Cebu/Bohol is also real good. Palawan.

Well.. what exactly are you looking to do there? Most people go island-hopping/diving.. or they go to meet women/party.. if they want both they usually choose Puerto Galera - which is kind of half-rate in both departments.
kosmo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a travel agent to book somthing to Bali or Thailand and she said that everything was booked/too expensive. So she suggested Philipenes. And I have heard good things so thats how it came about.
kosmo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone recommend somewhere to stay? Ideally I would like a beachfront place, but price is important. Should I just arrive and figure it out or should I try to book something before hand? I am looking somewhere between a 'backpackers' style and price and a 'beach resort'.
Thanks again for your help.
Toe Save

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kosmo wrote:
can anyone recommend somewhere to stay? Ideally I would like a beachfront place, but price is important. Should I just arrive and figure it out or should I try to book something before hand? I am looking somewhere between a 'backpackers' style and price and a 'beach resort'.
Thanks again for your help.

sounds like you want a place on the beach? Boracay is the most famous.. and nicest.

Things aren't really backpacker-ish in the Philippines though. Most hotels are a step up from backpacker type places. You'll pay slightly more than Bali as well. Still cheaper than Taiwan though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: