Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schools in Hania, Crete.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jessypoo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Schools in Hania, Crete. Reply with quote

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any information on ESL schools in Hania,Crete? My friend and I are going to be staying there for a couple months and we aren't to sure if we want to sign a contract, because we don't know how long we are going to be staying. Anyways we were also thinking of doing some tutouring sessions based out of my friends family home in Hania.... we aren't really sure about what kind of schools are in Hania and if it would be more benifical to tutour? If anyone has any ideas or has been to hania and could give us a little more insight that would be great!! Razz
sunshinegirl586

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Schools in Hania, Crete Reply with quote

I'm also looking for info on teaching in Hania. I've found some web resources which may be helpful to you. Try:
http://www.livingincrete.net/employment.html
http://www.transitionsabroad.com/publications/magazine/0201/eslteachinggreece.shtml
Contact PALSO Chania (see contact info within above sites), although I hear they are only helpful in person.
Most likely you need to be an EU member with TEFL certification to have a good shot at finding something. I hear the best way to do it is to go there and market yourself in person rather than try to set up a job beforehand.
Not sure about tutoring opportunities though.
If any others have information, it would be greatly appreciated!
maruss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Working in E.U. countries Reply with quote

As a general rule, hiring non -E.U. nationals in E.U. states is a big and often expensive bureaucratic hassle which few employers want to bother with,unless it is 'on the side' for a temporary period with no documentation, insurance or tax involved etc.The other problem is that the risks of being caught in smaller places are considerable and the consequences can be unpleasant for all parties involved!People looking for teaching work in places like Spain face these kind of difficulties too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Greece All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: