Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T�mer Turkish Language Course. Student complaints....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byzantine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: If a tree falls in the forest... Reply with quote

I loved Turkey. Beautiful country, great people. I miss it very much, imperfections and all. That said, I've come to the realization that I just have to avoid Ghost's posts.

Ghost is certainly entitled to post, and everyone is entitled to respond, but is there a point Surprised ? I doubt it! Then again, it's almost impossible to avoid having a look at the roadkill.
ghost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Lack of tact Reply with quote

The Turkish teacher at T�mer asked the foreign students yesterday to do a survey of everyone in the class ranking those who were most beautiful (women) and most handsome (men) to least.

The teacher instructed us to tell our results to the class.

A rather embarrassing exercise, in which the less fortunate individuals who are not physically pleasing had to sit there and take it all.

Just another example of strange inappropriate teaching methods which occur here. The list goes on, but you will be spared the details.
dmb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the general discussion forum there is a thread about using fiction in the classroom. I might use ghost's posts. if anything it would get a laugh.
richard ame

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: On the ghost trail Reply with quote

Hi Again
Thanks for those few kind words DMB nice to know your missed . I decided to trawl back a page to when it all started with this joker ,would you believe it was only 6 months ago to the very day that Ghost decided to make his move after deliberating for three pages about wether to work in Denizli or Kaserai ( yes I know I spelt it wrong you correct it ghost if you think its so important ). Now look at the turnaround apparently there was a bit of research done on an almost daily basis but he still messed up ,what a chump .
Ghost old chump as someone who is approching his first decade here and will do a second or a third (god willing) get out mate while you still can,this place seems to have bought out the worst side of your nature ,if you are half as intelligent as you would like us to think you are than accept that Turkey is ok for a holiday but living and working as far as you are concerned is a bit of a lost cause .
As someone wiser said we'll keep some of your rantings and pass them out to our students . What that will do for your countrie's relationship with this place I shudder to think . Should be a laugh if nothing else .

so long muppet.
ghost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Fraud in the classroom Reply with quote

And the biggest 'jokers' are semi-literate individuals who claim to be 'teaching' in Turkish Universities. Who do those unfortunate individuals think they are fooling?
yaramaz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost, are you just trying to pick fights?????
ghost

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Defamation Reply with quote

When one is the victim of a campaign of defamation of character, libel and slander...do you advocate that one just sit there and accept the situation?

BTW...the above is illegal and subject to consequences, so the unfortunate individual will get his just reward in due course.
gelin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine you'll have millions of Turks after you then, won't you?
yaramaz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When one is the victim of a campaign of defamation of character, libel and slander...do you advocate that one just sit there and accept the situation?

BTW...the above is illegal and subject to consequences, so the unfortunate individual will get his just reward in due course

Ghost, what on earth are you talking about??? Libel? Slander? Where??? By whom? And who do you plan to take to court??

You confuse me.
ghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Confused? Yeah...that's the point. Some of you folks have been in this country too long....you are losing your abilities to be objective...and going rather 'soft'

Please stop playing games...you and some of your cronies know exactly what is going on..
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Paranoia Reply with quote

Ghost is paranoid - but probably with good reason ! If he behaves in real life the way he behaves here there must be hundreds after him !
yaramaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a real jerk sometimes, ghost. You are so quick to judge everyone but yourself. How dare you say I've become 'soft' from being here too long? Tell me how I've lost my objectivity! Give me details. Quote from the long, involved conversation I had tonight with my Turkish friends about politics and philosophy. I disagreed with their viewpoint and we each argued our cases amicably but with conviction. I still know who I am, where I am from. I have not lost that. But I have also gained a lot of insight by listening to the turks around me. You have no idea about what I think or what I do. I have criticised things you SAY but you criticise who I AM with no facts to back it up. That is uncalled for.

I have no cronies and there is no game. You are just a paranoid middle aged man who can't function in Turkey and are lashing out. Deal with it and kindly refrain from attacking everyone who dares to disagree with you. You are coming across as a rabid dog, snapping at everyone. Why are you so virulently angry????????
richard ame

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Where would we be without ghost ??? Reply with quote

Hi

Actually I need to say that this thread seems to have dominated the Turkish forum so really without our mutal (friend)???? Ghost this forum would be a lot less interesting ,so there fore I for one am at least grateful for his contributions however jaundiced they may be . Keep posting Ghost you do seem to provide a service of some kind .

Rgards from a semi whats it !!!
yaramaz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite agree. I look forward to checking this forum every day during my breaks. Makes me think about why I am here and what I value. I don't agree with 78% of what ghost says but he is allowed to say what he does. It's a forum, after all.
O, and ghost, don't sue anyone. That's just petty and childish.
ghost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reality check Reply with quote

1. 'Cannot function in Turkey' (a poster claims).

This poster is functioning as well as anyone can in the circumstances. Just because one is here does not mean that one agrees with everything one sees and hears.

2. 'Attacking people'...no, just defending myself from childish individuals who spread untrue gossip about one through this medium. You already know about that.

Time for a reality check, and full engine change in some cases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: