Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work in Porto Alegre

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roymakaay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Work in Porto Alegre Reply with quote

Hi, I posted on here a while back rearding jobs in Porto Alegre. Im from England, but am currently working in Toronto, Canada. I am planning on going to POA early next year. From what Ive read on here and other sites, going in January is a bad idea, due to Carnival. So I would prbably go around March/April time. Is this a decent time to go and find work? would it be better to go a little earlier/later? I have no concrete plans, only that I would have to go in 2007, and the earlier the better. I aso have free accomodation in POA, and around $2000CAN, so I would be ok for a while with no work, but ideally, id like to work as soon as possible.

I have a university degree, some TEFL teaching experience (from England and also over here, in Canada) and a TEFL certificate. I am also trying to learn Portuguese, but its still early days!

I know that PortoChuck had some advice last time, so if he or any one else could help, that would be great,

Thanks! Very Happy
d-train

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mate, I know you posted a while ago, so dunno if you're still keen for an answer. I lived in POA for about a year 2 or 3 years ago. Yeah, things tend to slow down a bit at the start of the year in English schools coz of holidays and carnival, so it probably wouldn't be the best time to look for work. But saying that, its probably the best time of year for partying and having fun. Do you know where in POA you're gonna be? Its good that you're getting stuck into the Portuguese mate, I can't remember exactly but there's a pretty good course at one of the universities there, and I think its fairly cheap (maybe UFRGS, but not 100% sure).
portochuck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get to POA..let me know...Portochuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: