Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wages in shanghai or beijing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: wages in shanghai or beijing Reply with quote

Hello, I am a certified high school teacher (2 years experience) in the US and I have just recieved my ESL endorsement/certification. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if someone with my qualifications could generally expect to recieve better pay in Shanghai or Beijing than someone who is not certified in teaching or ESL. Also, how much should I expect to get paid, roughly.
Thank you.
Angel Puppy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the school really. I've heard a chain in Beijing that pays 15,000 RMB/month to their teachers.
arioch36

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I don't know if you will get an answer to your questions.
As far as money, look to the post on "Is 5,800 enough" How much is enough for you, why do you want to come to China, what do you hope to get?
If you just want pure money, the best bet seems to go to Beijing for one of the meat market jobs at a chain language school. Some people even might like these jobs. I don't think you having a degree will mean that much to some of these places. Also, will they provide nice living quarterrs, etc. to you.
A good college will give you much less. Having a Masters or experience might get you 500 or 1,000 RMB more a month. I greatly prefer the lifestyle of the college/high school. Which do you want , the big money, or the chance to l, what i call, "live" in China. But a college or high school in Beijing will not give you much more than any other city in China. The better paying jobs, like any other country, you usually find after you have been here a while.
Easier to find a job over the net in Beijing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: