Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And the SIS nightmare continues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mulutmubesar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: And the SIS nightmare continues Reply with quote

MOD EDIT
To salam, you don't have to see to believe. SIS is a true to life horror!
.it may probably better to watch "Saw III" because youre just seeing it, but to be actually present in a situation that you thought will only happen when your'e having a bad dream is excruciating!
director

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: And the SIS nightmare continues... Reply with quote

I like that title, though a nightmare, it fascinates me.

Indeed, twas bec of the nightmares that those teachers ran away from SIS and landed into a better place.

While I was there, all I did was to hope and wish that my contract is over, and it did. Even before I left the school, I already found this job in Surabaya.
Since it was very hard for me to deal with my new school since I am tied up with lots of tasks with SIS, we just communicated through emails. I was really surprised that they waited for me to legally finished my contract and met with the management in person after a week.

Sorry that I can't even mention the name of my new school for fear of threats from the previous. But I am happy because I will be given a very good package far from what I had in the past. This will definitely be a new dimension, new experience and not to say, another adjustment.

I have packed my things (out of excitement) and I am expected to arrive on June 19th. Cool

I still couldn't believe that I finally woke up from a very bad nightmare. Shocked
pauleslteacher1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Director... Here we go again... Your grammar really needs help...! There are so many mistakes in your last post that it is a bit embarrassing.

What you want to say is important, but how you say it is also essential oherwise nobody wiill take you seriously.

Proofreading is a very effective tool.....Give it a try...
Atoms for Peace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pauleslteacher1 wrote:

What you want to say is important, but how you say it is also essential oherwise nobody wiill take you seriously.

Yes indeed! Very Happy
director

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To: paulesteacher1

Thank you so much for your concern. If I may request, if you were the one, how would you write what I posted which you find very embarassing...I hope to read it soon.

Again, I salute you for writing correctly in this forum. I wish I could do the same thing. Please teach me how to do it instead of being CRITICAL, I will really appreciate it.

You might find wrong grammar again, my apology in advance.
director

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Atoms for peace: Very Happy

Thanks for "qouting" those mispelt (is my spelling correct?) words typed by paulesteacher1. Sometimes it is also very difficult to point fingers on the mistakes of others without looking at your own mistakes. Embarassed

Cheers! Wink
director

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hello sir paulesteacher1! (are you male or female)

I addressed you SIR because I find you highly respectable. However,
please, please, please consider your own counsel so as not to embarass yourself ok. Sad

Be careful in pointing out mistakes of others for the repercussion might be on you, oh gee! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
sidjameson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Director's English is interesting. It is either an exceptionally advanced leaner's English or a pretty shocking natives.

Which are you Mr D?
director

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is either an exceptionally advanced leaner's English or a pretty shocking natives.

Hello sidjameson!
I am a native, trying my best to improve my English. For my new job requires me so.

What do you mean by advance "leaner's English"? I am just asking because I know YOU KNOW MORE THAN ME. Or you might mean advance "LEARNER'S English".

Smile!
phis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting absolutely ridiculous!! Now were at the stage where every little spelling error is going to be picked up and posted!!

Everyone makes spelling mistakes, whether real or merely typos, it is often just the result of trying to type as fast as you are thinking. However, Director, people are telling you that your English grammar, at least in the written form is atrocious. Accept it Director, it really is!

If you want to improve your English, you need to take classes. PERIOD. Your English will not improve simply by posting here. This is a discussion board. We are supposed to be here to discuss, not to give classes or to trade insults.

In some of your earlier posts you seemed to infer, without actually saying it, that you were an English teacher. That is what has got people so worried here. You really don't, at the present time, have a good enough English level to be passing the language on to others. Just think of the 'incorrect English' they will be picking up.

You now claim to have some wonderful new job that is going to earn you a lot of money, but again without saying what it actually is. That is fine, I wish you the very best of luck. However, my guess is that you have been employed to work in reception or as a student adviser (i.e. you will be recommending courses to prospective students). They are both valuable jobs in there own right, but why don't you just come out and say it.

You bring all this criticism down on yourself, Director, by not being upfront with people. Tell them what you actually do and I bet they will be a lot more sympathetic about judging your English.

By the way, I am not, by any means, suggesting that you do not post on these boards. You often make some very valid points. But please, for your own sake, stop getting people's backs up!

... AND I HAVEN'T CHECKED THIS POST FOR TYPOS!
pauleslteacher1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's a bit embarrassing on my part... hmmmm.... now I will have to get an appointment to see an eye doctor asap...

But the overall idea of my posting is just a small piece of advice... no harm in that..
director

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gee, It's not my intent to solicit any back ups or sympathy. I just happen to thank someone who posted a bit ago.

Just let me be the way I am, as long as I am not stepping on one's toe and can point out credible facts and truths, that is all that matters, I guess.

Never have I taken every pointed errors personal , ok.

Smile!
ReveurGAM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Just an observation Reply with quote

Now, I could be wrong, but it seems to me that it would be much more effective if those who are "in the know" about English would take the time to send a PM instead of publicly criticising (and embarrassing or making angry) the person who's made a mistake.

Call it professional courtesy. Wink
pauleslteacher1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well telll you what.... if I thought it would help them.... I would pm this second... but.... probably a waste of time.....
director

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReveurGAM,
Thanks for pointing out PROFESSIONAL COURTESY...If everyone would have the same thought as yours, then we will all be happy posting our ideas, opinions and facts. Wink Wink

You just said it but there goes another comment of sending PM as a waste of time. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Oh gee, are we having a child-like attitude or just being childish? Pardon me if there is something wrong with my grammar again.

Smile Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: