Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

zhuhai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: zhuhai Reply with quote

hi- i just moved to zhuhai to teach english, last monday. i am from the u.s., but have been living in europe. needless to say, i am culture shocked off my ass and have been wandering around in a daze. i like it a lot, but my chinese is somewhat lacking (as in = no chinese) and overall everything is pretty daunting. yesterday i went to buy a particular kind of lightbulb and the whole exchange was rather hilarious (and his english was a hell of a lot better than my chinese). if anyone knows zhuhai at all feel free to get in touch. i'm definitely looking for a good chinese teacher if anyone knows anything. oh and i don't want to lose my french while i'm here so i would love to meet up with any french speakers lurking around.

john.
Edward

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Zhuhai is a tranquil local Reply with quote

I am posting here, because I have nothing better to do for the moment! Razz

I went to Zhuhai about a year ago, and stayed with a Chinese family. A friend of mine was dating their daughter, so they invited him, and anyone else he wanted to bring.

We had a nice time, and the parents set me up with some girl to be my "date" for the weekend. I really liked the city, and especially the tranquil surroundings of the ocean, with all the little boats bobbing about on the water. It was a nice change from the gritty city of Guangzhou.

I suggest you "advertise" at one of the Internet Cafes perhaps, to find some English speaking girlfriends, or something similar. I remember there were a number of nice discos around too, and also a LOT of ...."chickens" pecking around--guard your wallet! Wink

Here in GZ there are a number of French speakers; one is a close friend of mine, but in Zhuhai? I think they may be a rare breed.

Good luck there, and enjoy the city!

Michael "Edward"
Roger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A, Michael, moi aussi, j'aime Zhuhai! Ce n'est pqas tout a fait comme Nice en France, mais c'est une des meilleures villes de toute la Chine quand-meme! Et n'oubli pas Macau de l'autre cote - cela a du charme!

Il n'ya certe pas beaucoup de francophones, mais j'en connaissais quelques-uns qui travaillerent dans une boite privee en tant qu'enseignants de francais. Si cela t'interesse, poste-moi un PM, et je vais te donner les coordonnees pour que tu puisses te mettre en rapport avec eux!
Roger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Je me suis TROMPE! Reply with quote

Pardon-moi, johnw, je me suis trompe du nom....
Edward

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: and the translation please... Reply with quote

Hahahahaha!!! Razz

I decided to put Roger's reply into an online translater since I don't speak,er "parle vous" a word in French!

here is the result:

"...With, Michael, me also, I like Zhuhai! It is not pqas completely like Nice in France, but it is one of the
best towns of all when-same China! And lapse of memory not Macau of the other dimension - that has charm!

It ya certe not much of French-speaking people, but I knew of them
some which travaillerent in one limps privee as French teachers. If that interests you, posts to me a PM, and I will give you the
coordonnees so that you can contact with them!

I am horn of the name..."

Actually, not to bad for a machine huh? I got the gist anyway! At least you made ONE contact!

Michael
Roger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing, the quality of this translator! Hat off! I too got the gist in Englisdh of my own French!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: