Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs in Sihanoukville?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beerbarron

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Jobs in Sihanoukville? Reply with quote

I plan on moving to Cambodia in Sept to get a teaching job. I know there are plenty of jobs to be found in PP, but was wondering about the availabillity of jobs in Sihanoukville. I've checked through the yellow pages and can find only about 6 schools, and I can imagine the pay is less than PP. Has anyone here worked there and have any advice or experience? Thanks
'
khmerhit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you really have to go there to find out, no other way. living in the countryside is worth it--for a time. Very Happy
Micro67

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Go For It Reply with quote

I saw a couple of schools there on a recent trip -- there is a Build Bright University and the place is booming. www.bbu.edu.kh You could probably set yourself up nicely.
beerbarron

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on staying there for a week when I first move to Cambodia and looking for a job before going back to PP. I'm planning on just looking up schools in the yellow pages and trying to set some meetings up before I leave and after that just having a moto drive me around to drop off resumes. The number of schools seems to be a lot smaller, even per capita, than PP. I would much rather live in Sihanoukville though. Mainly due to the more laid back scene and beach.
SwimminThruAsia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Snooky.. Reply with quote

Only move to Snooky if you have an iron will.
From the time I spent there, I can tell it's the type of town where you could EASILY fall into a routine of Drinking/Drugging all day, everyday. It's what most visitors do, and the tourists really kind of run the social scene. Most all (except hard core khmer karaoke) bars are at least half tourist, probably way more, at any given time. And most tourists in beach towns party.

If you want more detailed info, try posting on khmer440.com.
It's a website/board specific to Cambodia with quite a few insightful posters.

Good Luck!

Andy
coolhandluke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: