Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nadesia Internatonal School Greece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pspring

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Nadesia Internatonal School Greece Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about Nadesia International School Greece? The salary they promise seems almost too good to be true. Do they pay on time? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Pat
vkieu01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Nadesia International school Reply with quote

Pat,

I considered applying to this school as well, but I worry about whether it is legitimate or not....I was not able to find the address online nor was I able to find a website....I sent an email to the contact person and here is what I wrote:

Could you tell me more about the school and perhaps a website? I am curious about the position, but I would like a little more information.

This is the reply:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you very much for your interest in working with NISG .We need energetic and flexible people, who can not only interact with children/youths of different ages and different language skills but also lead them well by assisting to maintain disipline and order in the insitustion.

Having perused your application,it is necessary to inform you that your candidacy is worthy of consideration.Nevertheless,you should be aware of the fact that we are actually seeking for the best candidates,in order to achieve this objective you are kindly advised to send as attachment your:

A)School certificates/diploma
Or Its equivalent.

B)Valid contacts of two or three references,
(email addresses or phone numbers)

C)Recent passport photo

Kindly send these documents to this email address:[email protected]

This will give us more knowledge about your educational and moral abilities,thus,making final decision about your request will be easier.

As soon as we receive your documents,you will get either a telephone or written interview from the principal of the school.

NB:We wish to inform you that our website is still under construction
,it will be ready by December 15th this year,however,you are free to ask us questions wherever you are confused.

Be informed that this vacancy is open for both Eu's and NON Eu's

Thank you once more for your interest.

Warm Regards,

Jose Dragoumis

Anyways, I agree with you that the posting seems to good to be true and I always hear about scams regarding diplomas and stuff...Have you tried contacting them as well, and if you did, did you get the same email with multiple errors?
pspring

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the exact same letter today in response to my application. I sent what he asked for. It will be interesting to see what happens next. I will most certainly not consider a position there until more information is forthcoming.

Thanks for the input. Stay tuned. Something tells me there is more to come.

Pat
teacheringreece

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother wasting any time with this. There's no way it can be anything but a scam. The wages are completely unrealistic, and I've never heard such a ridiculous name as Jose Dragoumis. No doubt the next reply you get from them will be asking you for money to process your visa or similar.
pirateinpanama

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this does smell "scam" all the way.
Just look at the job description! That alone should tell you something.
And I agree...oh that name! Give me a break!
Cool
millsy99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Nadesia International School Greece is a HUGE SCAM!! Reply with quote

Yes, it's a scam. They do ask for 1500 Euro for a visa processing fee/accommodation fee. I applied and after answering "interview questions" which actually seemed legitimate, received the following:

Quote:
Your application to Nadesia International School Greece has been finally accepted,congratulations!!

Attached to this email is the Employment contract,you are kindly
requested to study it carefully,if you agree to the terms and conditions of the contract,then print it out,fill in your name(s) at the appropriate
spaces provided,sign and return it to the processing department of the
school.LUIS PINTO our finance director will be incharge of processing your visa/work permit requirements(for NON EUs)Contact him through this email address immediately:[email protected]

Due to the competitive nature of international job offers,most
candidates reject jobs after signing the contract for different reasons
like,getting another paid job somewhere else ,fear of being refused visa by the Embassy etc.

Based on the aforesaid,the school authorities held a meeting on the 18th of March 2006 and concluded after the meeting that :

1.The school will process teachers travelling/ working documents (for
those that require visa) and send the processed documents to the
individual through DHL courier service.The reason for this decision is to
ensure that all accepted candidates must obtain visa.

2.The Candidate must send some part of the accomodation fee as a guarantee that he/she must arrive to start work on the agreed date.Please note that the fee is refundable upon arrival.Both EU passport holders and non EUs should send half of the accomodation fee.

The total amount for one year accomodation provided for each of the accepted teachers is 3500 Euro,therefore,every accepted applicant must send 1500 euro for us to reserve his or her own accomodation,as soon as the teacher arrives,the money must be given back to him/her.

It is important to note that we have really spent much money to secure
and furnish the new teachers accomodation,therefore if you are truely
interested,dont hesitate to send part of the accomodation fee.As soon as we receive the refundable fee,we will send you a receipt as an evidence that you have completed all the requirements for the position,a copy of the receipt will also be included in the package to be sent to you through DHL courier service.

Therefore,you are kindly requested to send the sum of 1500 euro
immediately, in order to guarantee your accomodation .Remember that this money cannot be deducted from your first salary,it must be sent before we could proceed with other necessary arrangements for your
arrival,oncemore,the money will be reimbursed to you within 7 days of
arrival.

Payment details:

Address the payment to:

Receiver: LUIS PINTO

Nadesia Intl school
Partheno 14 Athens,
Attica 11722,Greece.

You are advised to send the money through WESTERN UNION MONEY
TRANSFER,it is the most reliable,fastest,convenient and secured method of receiving money in this part of the world.
As soon as the money is
transfered,dont forget to attach the payment slip/receipt that was issued
to you at the western union office after the transation and send it to this
email: [email protected], the receipt is very important for your record.

In summary,sign the contract and return it to LUIS PINTO together with the accomodation refundable fee payment receipt to the email above.

Kindly note that the commencement date has been shifted to the 10th of December to enable us process travelling and working documents for the Non EU's.

Hope to hear from you immediately.

Congratulations again! ! !

Best Regards,

Jose Dragoumis

Western Union Money Transfer, the scammers' choice worldwide!!

Out of curiosity, I ran my e-mail's header info through a spam origin locator...these folks aren't even in Greece. They are operating from Sydney, Australia. I was actually surprised they aren't in Nigeria.

Live and learn, I guess. I hope no one is stupid enough to send money to a supposed Greek with a name like "Luis Pinto." People like this are disgusting.
lomedamontgomery

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Nadesia International School Reply with quote

So glad I checked with ya'll. I thought something was up when they didn't check my references, and then when they asked for money! What a bunch of creeps.
Thanks,
Lomeda
MO39

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis Pinto and company also appear to be running this scam as Lecel International School, supposedly based in Madrid See the thread on the Spain board at Dave's called "Too good to be true?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Greece All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: