Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you get final exits in Kuwait?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Bigelow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Do you get final exits in Kuwait? Reply with quote

Can you tell me about the situation when you want to leave an employer in Kuwait. Is it the same as KSA in that you are given a final exit and not able to return for 2 years?

I've been offered a job out there but I'm nervous if it doesn't work out then will I be able to just leave and go to another sponsor or will I be made to walk the plank?

Thanks
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change employers, providing that the first one releases you from your contract. This assumes that you are a "professional," which in practice means American or British. If your passport says Lebanon, the Philippines, or India, for example, you do not fit the Kuwaiti definition of professional.

This is the sort of rule that is always changing, though. Kuwait is the kind of place where you can make out really well only if you can roll with the punches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: