Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doc Videographer seeking sights, ideas / collaborators
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olpha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Doc Videographer seeking sights, ideas / collaborators Reply with quote

I'm over here teaching english in order to work on a video demo reel hopefully to apply for making documentaries or being a corrospondant for Kraft Dinner Television (or whathaveyou)

Is any else full of ideas and/or interested in collaborating? I've got the gear (mostly but always could use more)...& a bit of cash. Good contacts -- but nobody to collaborate with.

Going to Sumatara March to hunt wild bore (let's hope)
& well need I really travel so far from Jakarta? This place is loaded with stuff.

If anyone wants even just to roam with me...I'm interested in boating on Jakarta's beautiful inner-city rivers.

Laughing
Atoms for Peace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Doc Videographer seeking sights, ideas / collaborators Reply with quote

olpha wrote:

Going to Sumatara March to hunt wild bore

Why go all the way to "Sumatara"? There are plenty of wild bores on this forum Laughing
ezekiel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing wahwahwahhh
olpha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Huh Reply with quote

I don't get it.
ngantuk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dictionary may help you see the funny side - Should you be lucky enough to capture a (sic) bore alive, you could always use it as your Sumataran (sic) corrospondant Rolling Eyes
guruengerish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: spelling Reply with quote

Be fair guys! He probably spells tyres as tires, and 'insures' that we all have a good time (at what annual premium I wonder?)

Like many of my students, he may not know the difference between a sow, a boar, a gelt, a porker, or even a bore!!

Oops. nearly forgot 'hog'. Laughing
Extraordinary Rendition

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I resemble that wild bore remark Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Laughing (or was that 'boor' the girls called me?)!
malu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not being flippant, I'm quite serious. Get a job with one of the multiple McEF franchises in Jakarta. Film the 'unexpected features' of the accommodation, the mass photocopying of texts, the rows of sleeping students in a colleague's class - maybe even one of those hidden camera exposes from inside the CM's office followed by the sequence showing a hand coming out of nowhere and obscuring the lens.
MrMrLuckyKhan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I be the main actor in your film?!?!?! haha.... Cool
olpha

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yah, it's 'boar' is it...?

Sumatra's spelling, on the other hand, is as liquid as the word 'Ojek' when it comes to books I've found in Indonesia...I've seen many variations.

Neway yah...So what. I'm an English Teacher.
reddrake

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malu wrote:
I'm not being flippant, I'm quite serious. Get a job with one of the multiple McEF franchises in Jakarta. Film the 'unexpected features' of the accommodation, the mass photocopying of texts, the rows of sleeping students in a colleague's class - maybe even one of those hidden camera exposes from inside the CM's office followed by the sequence showing a hand coming out of nowhere and obscuring the lens.

Laughing Laughing
if someone made that i'll b the 1st to buy the DVD
a and s

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reference to "Jakarta's beautiful inner-city rivers" is far more interesting than the (disputable) typo in Sumatr(e/a)ra.

What kind of vid are you intererested in shooting, olpha ?
ngantuk

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Spelling Reply with quote

Yes Sumatera can be spelt many ways but there is only 1 way to spell correspondent.
olpha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh well for 9 months I've been collecting HD footage in Java...Jakarta, Malang, Plabuanratu & Gunung Salak / Halimun...

I've got about 5 hours but plan on cutting it down to a 15 minute short; a montage with some kind of voice over...

That's a project that I fill my time with -- but the real reason I came here was to shoot a half an hour doc' on endangered sea turtles all the way from Sumatra to Irian Jaya...Ideally.

I've just sold my ticket home because I let a school sponsor my kitas & have been stuck in Jakarta...Having not seen any sea turtles, I'm planning on staying until I get all the shots.

Interested in a proposal just give me a shout! (there's more to it than some turtle doc' we've all seen before!)

Or go to: http://www.geocities.com/o_l_p_h_a/KURA.doc
olpha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Ah now I get it. Reply with quote

The bore is back, just to post a link to the documentaries that resulted. Never really shot in Sumatra, after all - or hunted boar - just managed to pass through in a Kopaja with my iPod jamming.

I wound up doing it all on my own, which is fine with me. Still in Indonesia, now in Bali, & still shooting. The script now is on Wayang Purwa / Wayang Kulit and the history of Indonesia. If anyone has similar interests let's talk.

~David

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0XsTrX15dQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GaZ4cFO2nw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: