Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

showing up with no job

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hsinchuguy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: showing up with no job Reply with quote

Hi, I'm an experienced ESL teacher with an M.A. in Applied Linguistics . Can I just show up in Poland with no pre-arranged job or do I need to arrange something before I come?
Mike_2003

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a EU citizen, then maybe after the 1st of May you can just show up. You'll be entitled to live there for up to three months and then extend your stay for longer with the proper documentation for the purpose of finding employment. This of course depends on Poland's policies which, I believe, are yet to be defined. Most probably UK citizens will have this right as the UK will immediately allow Polish nationals the right to work in the UK.

I have no idea about non-EU citizens, sorry. Probably you can just show up on a tourist visa and look for a job although I don't know if you'll have to leave again to apply for the work permit as you do in some countries. From the research I've done on other countries in Eastern Europe, there are a lot more opportunities if you are in the country itself.
Kymro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in Poland for 8 years and have yet to meet anyone unable to find work, even with severe personal hygine problems.

Of course its best to come in September.

Regarding work permission etc, if a school really wants to employ you a way round your problems will be found.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: