Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming to Trujillo!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickImpy

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Coming to Trujillo! Reply with quote

Coming to Peru, June 3rd. Will be in Trujillo by the 4th. Leaving on the 9th. Will be back next year after to live. Should I hand my resume out now and try to secure a job many months from now? Am I just thinking silly? Can't wait to eat ceviche norte�o once again.
keepwalking

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on your qualifications and experience really. Most places won't know what their requirements will be a few months down the road but it wouldn't hurt to show your face around a dn meet the right people. When you are then closer to your long term stay, get back in contact with them and see what the state of play is.

CIDUNT and El Cultural have vacancies fairly regularly - best talking to them towards the end of the month ready for the next cycle.

Get in touch when you arrive and we'll all go out for a beer.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't for get Fleming as well. YOu could start there at the begining of next year and it's probably the best place to work there in Trujillo, salary and atmosphere wise.
NickImpy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Fleming in the past. My mother-in-law introduced me to both Mr. Nocker and Mr. Lescano and they gave me a tour of the facilities. I was also there last year to see a science project my brother-in-law did before he graduated from there. I need experience teaching, basically. That's my only flaw, except that I also happen to to be speaker of American English. There's that, and no TEFL qualification. All I am presently is a guy with an Associate's degree who happens to like linguistics and speaks two languages. I'm hoping my status as a full time student at University of Phoenix will improve my chances as I am striving to complete my degree. I want to take my CELTA later this year also.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEll, you'll probably have to work your way up the teaching ladder here, but you cn do it.
NickImpy

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I'll be in Trujillo June 3! Can't wait, it's been too long.
jano

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
If you want to pick up something straight away - try El Cultural, they are always looking for people and love having native speakers there. They will probably start you off on weekend classes, but after a few cycles of working weekend classes, ask for some weeknight classes.
The weekend classes go for four hours on Saturday afternoon and then three and a half hours on Sunday morning.
Depending on the make up of the class, it can be quite challenging holding the students' attention span on the weekends for that long, but most of the time they are there because they want to learn. One class I took had a range from 13 years up to a guy in his mid fifties.
Some of the students there may also be interested in taking private classes, especially when they are preparing for their TOEFL exams - which I think are mid year and then again at the end of the year.
Fleming is definitely a place to try too, a fantastic atmosphere with lovely people - I really loved my time working there. Feel free to PM me if you want any further info about El Cultural
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: