Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambodia LanguageCorps. Anyone know about them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
db2006

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Cambodia LanguageCorps. Anyone know about them? Reply with quote

I saw an ad on ajarn.com for an outfit called Cambodia Language Corps. For a few hundred dollars they will orient you in Cambodia, provide airport pickup, give you a couple of weeks accomodation, and assist you with an ESL placement, finding an apartment, etc.

Has anyone had any experience with them, either good or bad. Is this a legitimate outfit?

Background: I have a CELTA + BA + 5 years ESL experience in Thailand. I am ideally looking for a university job in PP. Is it worth spending the money, or is it unnecessary? Thanks for any feedback.
saint57

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not be a total scam. I mean, they may actually provide the services they say they will, but I can't see any reason why you would need them.

If you walk to the nearest street outside the airport you can get a tuk tuk to take you into town for like $3.

Do you really need help find accommodation in PP?

I bet you that they can only hook you up with language school jobs you could find on your own.
rhickling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to the gentleman who replied to this message. Language Corp is not worth the money. You can get your own job there. The jobs they are talkking about are at Pannasastra University. You can go there and see Colin on your own, anytime, he is a very nice man and works for the University, not Language Corp. These are academic English jobs, not spoken. Anyone can get a job there, it is easy. The accomodations Language Corp has are to hell and gone from town and the help they offer is very minimal. Only the housekeeper and the administrative assistant, Treea, are worth talking to. Treea and her husband are the people who know about jobs. MOD EDIT is a hustler and not well respected in town. MOD EDIT and the other instructors can be found at a girly bar called the Walkabout. Do not pay for any type of orientation from Language Corp. You can do better on your won or hire a tuk tuk driver.

Just be in town before the beginning of a term and you can get a job. Watch for ads in the Cambodia Daily. Check thru the yellow pages for schools, there are dozens. Pannasastra University usually has openings all the time, it has a very high turnover rate.

Aviod Language Corp. They are scammers.
indy76

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Good Experience with Languagecorps Reply with quote

I did a placement program with them last month. I got a pick from the airport. They gave me 2 weeks accommodation. They gave me some good advice about job hunting, how to prepare myself and I got in the first week. They also helped me a place to stay before I started work in a local school. Mine was a positive experience with languagecorps. They worked for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: