Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jordan Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k2everest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Jordan Information Reply with quote

In view of the abscence of a separate forum for Jordan, I would like to officially open a discussion on Jordan.
It has been a while since I taught there, but I loved it. It is a wonderful place. Good place to live and experience the Middle East, yet without most of the stresses of the surrounding countries. Overall very comfortable, safe (for a woman) and sincere. In many ways I would suggest it is the closest thing (relatively speaking) to normality in the Middle East.
Please send comments regarding Jordan - and teaching therein.
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that the British Council have a school in Amman - mainly kids teaching, but some adults too. They also have a summer school there which apparantly is quite popular with spoilt brats from the Gulf...

Check out their website - they advertise jobs there.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k2

I too am a big fan of Jordan, although I have never lived there. Another organization that has been hiring in the past is AMIDEAST.

VS
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xx

Last edited by Bindair Dundat on Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Truman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Jordan and teacher requirements Reply with quote

I would LOVE to work in Jordan. My trouble is that I don't have an MA. Is a CELTA enough to get a job in Jordan? Do they prefer/require a higher degree and lots of teaching experience like most of the Gulf states? Question
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Jordan and teacher requirements Reply with quote

Truman wrote:
I would LOVE to work in Jordan. My trouble is that I don't have an MA.

Generally, employers in poorer countries have more flexible requirements. The problem is that they also have smaller recruitment and advertising budgets, so you may never hear of the opportunities unless you go there and check things out firsthand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: