Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone near Stuttgart?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smedini

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Anyone near Stuttgart? Reply with quote

If anyone lives near Stuttgart, can you PM me please?

Thanks!

~smedini
mouse5

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Stuttgart Reply with quote

Head north. Stuttgart is one of the most expensive places in Germany. TEFLers should be in Frankfurt (Business English) or and of the northern industrial towns in the Ruhrgebiet. The handful of language schools in Stuttgart pay peanuts. You'll spend all your money on your rent. The north is where there's money to be made. And your appartment will only cost you a fraction of what you pay in, and around, Stuttgart.
BerlinCELTA

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone near Stuttgart? Reply with quote

smedini wrote:
If anyone lives near Stuttgart, can you PM me please?

Thanks!

~smedini

If you are looking for support in English Language Teaching in Stuttgart, get in contact with the local teachers' association www.eltas.de

All the Best,

Anthony Gaughan
CELTA assessor & tutor
Berlin & Hamburg, Germany
smedini

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys...but that's not exactly why I was asking. My cousin has just moved to a town near Stuttgart and she is wicked homesick...she's from Canada and I was looking for some info on where she might meet some other Canadians/North Americans. She's there as an aupair, but I forget the name of her town..."very near Stuttgart" is what she said.

Any ideas on where the foreigners hang out?

Thanks!

~smedini
BerlinCELTA

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see.

It might still be worth visiting the ELTAS website as I recall they have an all-purpose list of useful websites and things like that. Expatica.com or the local craigslist may also be a place to start.
JN

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Americans/Canadians in Stuttgart, you could try the following if there is any interest in an English-speaking church and they would probably have contact in the community, too. I used to be an au-pair there. If this relative of yours wants to contact me you or she can pm me. Oh, yeah, you take the Stadtbahn no. 2 to Kursaal. JN
http://stuttgart.nazarener.de/int/
It's in Bad Canstatt at the Friedenskirche
Mergentheimer Str. 15
70372 Stuttgart (Bad Cannstatt)

The info for the Pastor is:
Daimlerstr. 27
70372 Stuttgart
Tel. 0711 - 55 11 47
smedini

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info BerlinCELTA and JN!

JN...can you PM me with your e-mail addy? My cousin is not on this board but I can e-mail you her info. She's a Christian and would probably like to get involved with an English-speaking church with other North Americans as she tries to form a new life in Germany Smile

Thanks!!!

~smedini
BeatRippa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in Germany right now, but I used to live in Stuttgart for 3 years when I was younger. There's a US military population there, with three posts in the area..Patch Barracks (Stuttgart-Vaihingen), Panzer Kaserne (outskirts of Boeblingen), and Kelley Barracks (Stuttgart-Moehringen)...There should be lots of Americans (and a few Canadians) in those areas. As far as churches, I went to International Baptist Church in S-Vaihingen..It's just down the street from Patch, right next to the Daimler-Chrysler/Mercedes building. Your cousin would be sure to meet lots of North Americans there. Here is their website:
http://www.ibcstuttgart.de/html/

I will actually be in Stuttgart for a week next month to see an old friend. I can't wait as it's a great city and I have many good memories there. Hope that helps!

P.S. There's also a large housing area named Robinson Barracks that is located in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen..I'm not sure where any of this is located in relation to your cousin though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: