Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Language Corps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awbradley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Language Corps Reply with quote

Anyone know about Language Corps? They offer various TESOL/teacher placement programs.
rhickling

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: language corps Reply with quote

I just completed the course in Cambodia and my word to you is caution. Language Corps does not live up to the advertising. On a scale from one to ten I would give it a one. It barely makes the score board. They deliver one week of instruction and three weeks of hanging out without much instruction or anything else. I want my money back, we came half-way around the world and spend a bundle on the course. I would have been better off getting a certificate on the internet. The student teaching was non-existant.

There are two instructors, one of which is a 72 year old man who smokes marijuana outside the class and talks about being married to a 25 year old Thai woman. His view of classroom management is to give a personality inventory and talk about astrological signs. It was not fun and once we paid out money, we were stuck. The jobs they line up for students are in a local univeristy where we will teach to the test. The jobs have nothing to do with the little we learned in class. You can get these jobs with no certificate, they will take anyone.....

There are plenty of jobs in Cambodia but I would look elsewhere for the TESOL course. It was a complete disappointment... Sad
indy76

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the TESOL course in early this year. I thought they were quite good. There staff were polite and helpful. I got a job by time I finished as did the other people on the course in Cambodia. I don't think he was 72 year old and I never saw him smoke once in 4 weeks. Everyone has a different experience I guess!
al capone

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did the course in november in Pnom Penh and had no problems whatsoever. I found Rick to be a good guy and Jerry(our main tutor) to be a great laugh. The course can seem to be a bit hap hazard but so is Pnom Penh.

I have no problems recommending Languacorp, the y are sound,professional outfit but Pnom Penh is a bit boring for me.
naimar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: language corps mexico Reply with quote

hi,
i was wondering if anyone has done the language corps program in mexico? what the general experience was? whether it was worth the money, if the support they promise you is really that good, and if the guaranteed job placement is easy to find?
thank you!
khmerhit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cambodia. Try it and see. Cool
verite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Yeah PP Reply with quote

They act like a lot of would be services they tell you that they have jobs and contacts and ALSO do the certificate. The reality is that they are ALL ABOUT the certificate money maker.

They advertise on some forums that frown on that sort of dubious behavior (acting like they something more than just a certificate mill). If you want to find out...if you have a certificate already and already qualified see if they will actually hook you up with any REAL job.

That's the test.
daniel_hayes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the best place in Cambodia to get a Cert? CamTEFL looks good, but I am unsure how useful it would be elsewhere in Asia.

Would I be better off getting a Cert in Thailand - in Chiang Mai - and then go to Pnom Penh and look for jobs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: