Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transportation in provinces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
palta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Transportation in provinces Reply with quote

How hard is it to get around a given region (specifically Nord-Pas de Calais)? I�m thinking about applying for the assistantship program and am researching regions of France to see which ones I should request. One of the things I plan to do in my spare time is to continue to practice capoeira (a Brazilian martial art that seems to be all over France). Ideally, I could stay with my group, which has branches in Lille and Boulogne-Sur-Mer. However, I know I could be placed anywhere in the region, so I wanted to know how easy/cheap it was to get around. I don�t mind a commute as long as it�s possible and reasonably cheap, but if it�s not worth it to travel somewhat regularly (1-3 times/week) to either Lille or Boulogne-Sur-Mer from wherever they place me, I don�t have any reason to request that region. Our sister group has branches in Montpellier, Toulouse, and Avignon but it seems like assistantship placements in those regions tend to be far from the city. What is the transportation like there?
Raindrops

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Transportation in provinces Reply with quote

palta wrote:
How hard is it to get around a given region (specifically Nord-Pas de Calais)? I�m thinking about applying for the assistantship program and am researching regions of France to see which ones I should request. One of the things I plan to do in my spare time is to continue to practice capoeira (a Brazilian martial art that seems to be all over France). Ideally, I could stay with my group, which has branches in Lille and Boulogne-Sur-Mer. However, I know I could be placed anywhere in the region, so I wanted to know how easy/cheap it was to get around. I don�t mind a commute as long as it�s possible and reasonably cheap, but if it�s not worth it to travel somewhat regularly (1-3 times/week) to either Lille or Boulogne-Sur-Mer from wherever they place me, I don�t have any reason to request that region. Our sister group has branches in Montpellier, Toulouse, and Avignon but it seems like assistantship placements in those regions tend to be far from the city. What is the transportation like there?

I highly suggest you to go to Toulouse or Montpellier, Boulogne/Mer is a hole, Lille is cold and sad as it can be ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: