Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any information on A'Takamul International?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newinSeoul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Any information on A'Takamul International? Reply with quote

I was looking into applying for a job with A'Takamul. I saw someone posted on another thread of employers holding money from them at A'Takamul. Has anyone worked for them that has any positive or negative experiences to share?

Any information appreciated.
15yearsinQ8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not a top tier school in that it doesn't support its teachers or advance education
beware
newinSeoul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know this from teachers who work there, or have you any experience teaching at the school? I have read all the write ups on this forum, and some from the International school review, and it is not looking too positive. Any other specific information you or others can provide would be very helpful in me making a decision. Thanks again.
15yearsinQ8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
beware
if you're a professional it's NOT worth the money and the leg into the gulf
Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15yearsinQ8 wrote:
it's not a top tier school in that it doesn't support its teachers or advance education
beware

15, stick to topics that you have knowledge of. I work for A'Takamul and I can say that my school supports me and advances education as much as any school in Kuwait. They also pay as well or better than most schools in Kuwait and the staff is friendly and content.

I'd suggest any new posters to beware of the know-it-alls on the Kuwait link. Distinguishing between their ass and a hole in the ground is next to impossible.
middleastman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

Hi there,

not sure what thats about but there we go. Im surprised A'Takamul hasnt sank into the bog it was built on either phsically or figuratively speaking. Ever since it was opened it hasnt been considered in any way a top- tier school. very dodgy management. stay well clear if I were you regardless of your circumstances. There are many good schools in Kuwait you would be better advised to consider. please pm me if you like.
Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: wow Reply with quote

middleastman wrote:
Hi there,

not sure what thats about but there we go. Im surprised A'Takamul hasnt sank into the bog it was built on either phsically or figuratively speaking. Ever since it was opened it hasnt been considered in any way a top- tier school. very dodgy management. stay well clear if I were you regardless of your circumstances. There are many good schools in Kuwait you would be better advised to consider. please pm me if you like.

Again, someone speaking about things he doesn't know.
A'Takamul has had it's share of problems over the years, but teachers there are as happy as teachers at any school in Kuwait.
Never Ceased To Be Amazed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: wow Reply with quote

Rommel wrote:
...teachers there are as happy as teachers at any school in Kuwait.

In my experience, a VERY poor choice of words in a post! Laughing Laughing Laughing

NCTBA
grab-bag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a recent exodus from the elementary, middle and senior school. That is always telling. However, I do have one friend who's renewed her contract. She's in the elementary school. There is a discipline problem in the high school which she says is one reason so many have left. There have been some salary issues which are supposed to be resolved for the fall.
Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grab-bag wrote:
There's been a recent exodus from the elementary

Sorry, but this is completely wrong. High school has had is problems, but very few teachers have left elementary. We lost 4 teachers this year, and two of them weren't offered a new contract and another was leaving to do a master's.
SL22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: LOOKING FOR JOB Reply with quote

Hello
I'd like to know who has recent information on A'Takamul International School?? employment opportunity contact information? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
rowntree

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teachers brought over to work and not given iqama ( work visa ) .Presently upwards of 5 without visas and no chance of getting one this year. IPE say it's a 'ministry problem', which in effect is true, however the problem stems from IPE......?

Rumors that the school has its 'file closed' at the sh'oon and is
not allowed any new work visas, only renewing of old ones..
botsandnots

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: A'Takamul is for the money only Reply with quote

If you are connected in any way to IPE (they own A'Takamul and more schools)...best advice from me is get away from them as quickly as possible.

You are a piece of dirt on their sandals and you will lose out every time. I have moved on after giving up any hope of being treated fairly by them. Education is the last thing they are interested in.

So if you are just looking for a pay check and don't mind being a mindless cog...then A'Takamul is for you! Even if money is the only reason you would teach with them...don't expect their promises at the end of your contract - you will get taken for a ride.

It all seems like a bad dream now.
rowntree

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumours of upwards of 30 teachers there now brought from overseas in August and even LAST September, and all have only visit visas, STILL.
rowntree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: wow Reply with quote

Rommel wrote:
middleastman wrote:
Hi there,

Again, someone speaking about things he doesn't know.
A'Takamul has had it's share of problems over the years, but teachers there are as happy as teachers at any school in Kuwait.

What about the 30 or so teachers on visit visas who can't get iqama, if true, can you explain that? Are they 'happy?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: